HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I appreciate the feedback, guys. I might just go with the HK marked Choate and call it a day. If I pick up another MP5 I'm considering a B&T folder for that one.

·
Priest of the P7
5,319 Posts
Isn't the choate that fleshy patch between the bung and sack? :150000:

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Isn't the choate that fleshy patch between the bung and sack? :150000:
Thought that was a tant. It tant your ass and it tant your sack. Or have I been in the south too long?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapastalk.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
It's interesting that nobody that posted owning an HK-branded stock has mentioned that the mount on the HK-branded stock is different than the Choate-branded stock.

The HK-branded stock consists of the stock and pivot; the stock mount base with hinge with sling loop; and the two pushpin mount piece which is bolted to the base.
The Choate-branded stock consists of the stock and pivot; the stock mount base with hinge with sling loop that incorporates the two pushpin mount as part of the base unit.

Maybe you guys don't have real HK MP5K/MP5K-PDW stocks. :wink:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Copied from my post #10

Have both stocks, one Hk marked one and one standard Choate marked. The standard Choate one does not fit the Hk Sp89 or the Sp5k. The Hk marked one does fit however. The standard Choate one only fits my US clone.... Found out the hard way at the range over the weekend when I just blindly grabbed and never tried the stocks on different guns. Who knows maybe my stock is out of spec.

Also hk marked stock does not fit us made clone. The choate stock does not fit on the sp89 or either of the two sp5k I have.
Good to know! I was already planning on ponying up for the HK marked Choate for the SP5K anyways, and now this only confirmed that decision. Thanks for the intel!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
It's interesting that nobody that posted that they have an HK stock has mentioned that the mount on the HK branded stock is different than the Choate Tool Corp. branded stock.

The HK marked stock consists of the stock and pivot; the stock mount base with hinge with sling loop; and the two pushpin mount piece which is bolted to the base.
The Choate marked stock consists of the stock and pivot; the stock mount base with hinge with sling loop that incorporates the two pushpin mount as part of the base unit.

Maybe you guys don't have real HK MP5K/MP5K-PDW stocks. :wink:
I just never held them side by side to realize lol. They are definitely different.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Well, there you have it, Folks - thanks Mr.Maim! I knew there was a difference with the mounts from the slight fitment issues that I had in the past with the Choate stock. I got rid of it a while back and now only have the HK marked stocks which lock up nice a tight.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Having both, the difference is really in the piece that actually mounts to the rear of the receiver. The "HK" version fits snug while the standard Choate is metal and it wobbles. The stock piece is the same with the only difference being the branding. The "mount" for the MP5/HK94 version is very snug and can be bought seperately if you don't like the wobble of your MP5K version:) I have a true HK version for my SP89 (converted MP5K-PDW) but my clones run with the "Choate" version. Again, with a MP5/HK94/HK93 setup as well as that for a HK91/51 setup, the standard Choate version is fine.
Where can the MP5/HK94 mount be bought separately?

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Well, there you have it, Folks - thanks Mr.Maim! I knew there was a difference with the mounts from the slight fitment issues that I had in the past with the Choate stock. I got rid of it a while back and now only have the HK marked stocks which lock up nice a tight.
Sure thing @LRM19k ! I was told by a builder that the HK stock is more forgiving because of its plastic base, whereas the Choate stock requires that the pushpin holes of the K's receiver line up exactly with the stock's steel base holes. Whether that fitment issue is because the receiver is 'off' or the Choate stock base is 'off' depends on both being a good match, or running a drill bit through the holes when mounted up to alleviate any points of stress and binding.

Where can the MP5/HK94 mount be bought separately?
I'd like to know the answer to @viriceman 's post too.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
The base, the part with the hinge, of the Choate MP5K folder has the mounting points and the buffer base, how did you mount the 93/94 base?

On the right:

·
Registered
833 Posts
I didn't like the Choate stock. The fit was loose, wobbly.

I sold it after I got the B&T. The Choate is narrower when folded. That's the only thing better than the B&T.

I don't think I've folded it in years!

Maybe I'll get the HK one for originality reasons.

I wish either of them had a firm lock when folded.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
I didn't like the Choate stock. The fit was loose, wobbly.

I sold it after I got the B&T. The Choate is narrower when folded. That's the only thing better than the B&T.

I don't think I've folded it in years!

Maybe I'll get the HK one for originality reasons.

I wish either of them had a firm lock when folded.
This totally depends on the pair: your receiver and the stock. All of mine fit tight on both my Turner Fabrications MP5K and my DJ Getz MP5K-PDW, and I have four Choate K stocks and two HK K stocks.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yup, individual variation. It just didn't go well with my HK SP89/MP5K-N conversion.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
I've added a bunch of pix (sorry for the flash, but you get the idea) to show the assembly. The two screws simply affix the mount to the stock. I don't have access to the other one right now and will get pix later, but I do believe it is slightly different (though a MP5 endplate is currently mounted on it solidly). I believe these are over 10 years old. With this setup, I simply took the metal K endplate off and put the plastic MP5 end plate on. All of my stocks were bought used, so anything may have occurred over time, but right now I have one HK-branded (tight fit) on my MP5K-N, one Choate metal (tight fit) on my PCS 51K, and two MP5/HK93 (Choate-tight fit) on my V93's. My German hosts "wear" B&T's or HKA3's:)

I guess the key is whether you can take the metal endplate off your versions with the two screws. If it can come off, the plastic endplate can go on.

Attachments

Reactions: wampum22
21 - 40 of 44 Posts