HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not affiliated with Shore Tactical but have been checking out their listings of an MP5k style firearm. Says it could be one of three things including a Z-5P but I'm not sure what the other options are? Anyone have experience buying these from them, and what did you end up getting? It seems Shore offers two of them each week on Monday and bidding ends Sunday.

Here's a link:
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/604096213

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't see where that says you are bidding on one pistol. The picture has an "or" but the listing doesn't.
This listing is for a small surplus batch of 9mm MP5 style sporting pistols left over from a wholesale contract. Some firearms may have slight sight cant or minor marks on finish.
Then they list 3 specific configurations. It sure looks to me like this is for 3 guns with a buy it now of $1500. I don't think that's why they mean, but I think that's what it says.

·
Registered
919 Posts
There is no choosing between which type you will get

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, the listing is kind of odd to me. I read it as a single pistol but it could be either of the three options. My main interest was who was making the parts kits and putting them together. I found a feedback on GB too for an identical listing and the person said the item was exactly as described. Not sure what I'd be getting but these seem to go for around $1,000-$1,100 each week and from the looks of it, a Z-5P may be possible. Not sure if it's worth the risk though.

I also emailed Shore a few times. Here is what I've gotten as a reply for anyone who may be interested. (idk if this is appropriate but I figure I can take down the email exchange if necessary).

Me: "Good evening, I am in the market for an MP5 clone and came across your listing but don't really understand what is being offered exactly. Are there 3 different possible guns I could receive should I win the auction? And are these various guns available an imported MKE Z-5P, an imported POF-5, and some other frankenstein type build? Do you have close up pictures of each type of potential gun? Also, how do you determine which one the winning bidder receives? Last, how many of each of the possible types of guns I could win do you have? Thanks, Nick"

Shore: "Yes, you can get either gun depending on the auction. All items are prepacked at the warehouse per auction, so choosing which gun you will receive is not possible. Thank you"

Me:"I am curious who the manufacturers are though as the auction specifies any issues need to be resolved with the manufacturer. Thank you, Nick"

Shore: "It depends on which firearm you receive. Have you received your firearm? Thanks!"

Me: "I understand it depends on which firearm I receive, however, I am curious to know the POSSIBLE manufacturers that I may possibly receive, that's all. So there are 3 different possibilities, but who is making them? The only one you put a manufacturer's name on is the Zenith Z-5P, but there are still 2 that just say LEO parts kits. What are the names of the companies making the parts kits? I did not win an auction with you yet, just trying to figure out the different manufacturer possibilities before figuring out how much I'd be willing to spend. If my question isn't clear enough, please, give me a call at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Regards, Nick"

Shore: "Nick, Zenith, FedARM, HK"

Me:"Okay, so to clarify, you're saying a Zenith Z-5p, a FedArms imported POF-5, or an HK SP5k, which are all made from the factory? Can you send me a picture of each of the firearms available showing the importer/manufacturer? Regards, Nick"

Shore:"Nick, Each firearm is pre-packaged, so we are not able to do this. Thanks!"

·
Priest of the P7
5,034 Posts
Lol...so shady. You don't even know what gun you would be bidding on? It's like the little action figures my son likes to get at the grocery store in a mystery bag. You could get Batman or Superman or Robin or who knows? Only this is for $1500 and what you get is likely junk. RUN away, bud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts