HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really looking at either buying a clone or picking up a parts kit. Below is what I am really looking for. How would I go about one?

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
In particular... that firearm is an AOW or Any Other Weapon. To possess that AS IT looks, you either need to buy it AS an AOW, or have it built as an AOW. The problem is the fore grip. It makes the pistol a controlled firearm. A clone SP-89, what I believe you are looking for can be had with no AOW features. They eliminate the "evil" vertical fore grip and install a plastic, horizontal handguard. Imagine that grip just minus the vertical part... and no Federal paperwork.

AN AOW registered SP-89 clone (with fore grip) would transfer for a $5 tax stamp. You'd still have to go through the registration process identical to buying a machine gun or silencer, pass port pics, cop shop signature, finger prints, 6 months wait time, etc.

Or you could build it yourself a lot cheaper (if you know how and can), and pay a $200 tax stamp and still have to go through the registration process identical to buying a machine gun or silencer, pass port pics, cop shop signature, finger prints, 6 months wait time, etc.

The difference is the bought AOW might be a cheaper way to go...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts