HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
was wondering what an RDTS converted MP5N SBR made from a 94 is worth fair market price , gun is in about 98% condition was used moderatly for some ocassional subgun matches at the creek , round count is just around 3K only normal handling marks ,all german except barrel which is a contract barrel that ralph had at the time it is threaded 1/2x28 gun has standard mp5 bolt group and correct navy 3pos ambi lower a2 stock and one mag and functions perfect !!THANKS for any input ,DUKE

SAME GUN :What would it be worth in todays market a relistic selling price , i can post some pics tommarrow if that would help!!!!THANS,****/Wade

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Throw up some pics so we can give a better assessment. I have mine valued at $4,200. It is all german (not a contract barrel).

This is an older picture - it currently has a navy trigger group.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I paid 5500 for mine. It was a new HK 94 that was converted and remarked by Terry Dyer.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,373 Posts
Throw up some pics so we can give a better assessment. I have mine valued at $4,200. It is all german (not a contract barrel).

This is an older picture - it currently has a navy trigger group.
I would say you are undervaluing your weapon. HK94s are selling for more than that these days and yours is already converted and includes those accessories.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Is the contract barrel three lug with 1/2x28 threads? I am guessing (repeat just guessing) it would sell nicely near $4950 (sounds better than $5k ;-) and one may ask and get in the low five range. Was figuring to get the last few dollars easily one is may need a new paint job (not worth it with 98%), zero round count since the smith converted with new German internals including a NIB HK subgun barrel plus have an A3 stock and/or accessories.... but it has been too many years since got mine.

Was thinking of selling mine earlier this year, which Terry covered the original HK94 barrel and did not come up with a price yet (not for sale at the moment as the drought has slowed down looking at an additional belt gun ... for a few weeks at least ;-)

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I like the $4,950 price assessment. Looks like I'll update the value on mine to reflect... I had listed what I considered "quick sell" prices for estate purposes.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I like the $4,950 price assessment. Looks like I'll update the value on mine to reflect... I had listed what I considered "quick sell" prices for estate purposes.
You maybe closer than me, only way we can tell is for the thee of us to sell ... but then one does not need insurance ;-). Figure on the up side there is not any big influx of German HK94s, like a few years ago with the DOJ guns and all the HK94s are getting coveted to sear hosts ... the few that have been missed ;-). On the down side is the clone's from the high end smiths have been getting better over the years.

Take Care

·
Registered
91 Posts
You maybe closer than me, only way we can tell is for the thee of us to sell ... but then one does not need insurance ;-). Figure on the up side there is not any big influx of German HK94s, like a few years ago with the DOJ guns and all the HK94s are getting coveted to sear hosts ... the few that have been missed ;-). On the down side is the clone's from the high end smiths have been getting better over the years.

94 are getting hard to come by and their prices are around 5k, I know I've been looking, I need a MP5-N to round out my German hosts, I've got the K, SD, 53, 33K and the clones
these days are really nice and I'm in the process of acquiring some more but there is a something to a real German host gun even though it is a conversion and not a factory
built machine gun it still possess a certain uniqueness , I'm at the point where I'm trying to have a clone for every German host gun and pretty much the clones will do most of the
shooting, I managed to locate a brand new still in the packing foam SP89 for $1800 in 2002, and I wanted a brand new MP5-K PDW so I paid, I even got a virgin Flemming
sear from Reuben that had yet to be installed in a pack for a around 6K, add the labor for the conversion and stamps and I was still under 10K for a brand spanking new K gun

·
Registered
30 Posts
Damn. The good ol' days. I wish HK would make their guns here like a few others started doing. Now that would be nice.

94 are getting hard to come by and their prices are around 5k, I know I've been looking, I need a MP5-N to round out my German hosts, I've got the K, SD, 53, 33K and the clones
these days are really nice and I'm in the process of acquiring some more but there is a something to a real German host gun even though it is a conversion and not a factory
built machine gun it still possess a certain uniqueness , I'm at the point where I'm trying to have a clone for every German host gun and pretty much the clones will do most of the
shooting, I managed to locate a brand new still in the packing foam SP89 for $1800 in 2002, and I wanted a brand new MP5-K PDW so I paid, I even got a virgin Flemming
sear from Reuben that had yet to be installed in a pack for a around 6K, add the labor for the conversion and stamps and I was still under 10K for a brand spanking new K gun

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I am a newb, are you guys talking about REAL HKs? Or any Mp5? -_-
There are no (or maybe three to six) real transferable German HK MP5s around in the USA, the full auto ones that are around and push pin tend to be conversions of semi HK94s. That said, the thread (at least my parts ;-) are about semi auto host guns, that are SBRs and were made from German HK94s. The US built "clones" can be had for two to three grand from several of the manufactures or custom builders here on HK Pro that are nice and if built with a German MP5 parts kit can get very close.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts