HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, this is a 100% HK (german) MP5SD. Not a rebuild, clone, etc...

I'm experiencing severe extraction/ejection problems. Most of the time, the empty case doesn not properly eject and the bolt closes on it, inducing a malfunction. Sometimes the empty is facing inwards, sometimes outwards.

Picture for reference:

Thoughts? Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Extractor and spring is the first place I'd look.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Extractor and spring is the first place I'd look.
Yep, it's probably a worn extractor that isn't holding the casing rim long enough for the ejector to give it momentum. Judging from how clean your bolt is you probably know how to take the extractor out so just take it out and look at the edge, it should be well defined, if it's rounded/worn then you need to replace it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spring just replaced yesterday. I thought the extractor looked strong. I'll take another look.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I forgot to mention, take a look at the ejector and see if it's messed up in any way/shifted backwards slightly so that it isn't hitting the casing at the right time.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Have seen reloads that would do this, while the same reloads were good in the gun.

When you check the extractor, might wish to run a probe in the grove (carefully) and see how much junk is trapped there.
Also check that the ejector is free to move up and down, as at times a burr gets formed in the slot for the spring.
Lastly since this is an HK roller lock, check the bolt gap when the gun is clean.

Good Luck

·
Registered
872 Posts
Did you have this issue prior to attaching the scope mount?
Scope mount can be squeezing/pinching the receiver which could cause this issue.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to follow up... appears it was carbon build-up underneath the extractor. It's running like a top now.

I think the previous owner had not cleaned it properly in YEARS.

Cheers!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Uhhh... it's an SD. With all the carbon blowback that an SD makes, it should be cleaned every time after shooting it. And since it's a 100% German, not a clone, rebuilt etc. gun, then that makes it a restricted gun (ie dealer sample) so you are either LEO or an SOT... correct? What does the innards of the suppressor look like? I mean, if the previous owner didn't bother cleaning under the extractor (which is rather easy), do you think he cleaned the can? Cleared the vent holes in the barrel? It's something I would do... if you can get it apart now.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like I said, a lack of proper care by the previous owner.

I've thoroughly cleaned everything, including the can, the barrel ports, and removed every last flake of carbon build up from within the receiver. It was definitely treated poorly.

And yes, its all original HK. And yes, it's legally owned. But thanks for your concern.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
And yes, its all original HK. And yes, it's legally owned. But thanks for your concern.
No problemo, Mang... Just seeing where you stand. Sure. Ex-SOTs own pre-samples... current SOTs can own Post-samples as long as they remain in the bidness.

You DO know everybody calls their full auto ARs M-16s, right? And hardly anyone actually owns a "real" M-16 which was only manufactured for several years at the very beginning of production... but all of a sudden everything is an M-16. Same with the M-4 upper copies. Now everyone has an M-4... and of course, they don't. How many people here call their seared guns MP5s... and of course... they are not.

Yeah, I know... I'm no fun. But if somebody were to say they had a REAL m-16 for sale, yes real... then I'd expect to see a real M-16. Not a M-16A1 or A2, etc. There would be a MAJOR price difference for a real M-16... for the better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts