HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the MP5SD out for practice a few days ago along with our new compact HD video camera. I rigged up a mount to attach the camera to the stock of the gun and shot various other angles. After editing this is what it looks like:

720p HD Version (40mb file):
http://distortiondigital.com/mp5/mp5sdHD720p.mov

YouTube Version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy6dyLh6Ijc

And, yes, I edited out the mag changes because I'm not very smooth at that yet. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sweet, the quality of the picture looked so good it was almost unrealistic with the shells ejecting, better lighting or maybe a better angle would have helped but that was awesome. Post more if you end up shooting more.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments. The camera was the Canon HV20. It's a great sub-$1000 HDV camera. The picture quality is almost identical to my larger (and much more expensive) Canon XL-H1.

I am planning to take the gun out again next week with an improved camera mount that can swing out over the side and maybe a better setting besides the cow pasture.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Awesome video! Thanks for posting up!

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
Sweet, the quality of the picture looked so good it was almost unrealistic with the shells ejecting, better lighting or maybe a better angle would have helped but that was awesome. Post more if you end up shooting more.
Haha. I was just about to comment how cool the silhouetting looks. No matter what, I've watched lots of the youtube mp5 videos, and that one is definitely unique.

And your camera technique is great. I'd love to see some room-clearing scenarios with a stock mounted camera like that.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's actually a relatively new department issued mp5. Not transferable.

Thanks for all the comments. I'm inspired to get to work on an improved camera mount and make another video! Not to mention practice mag changes and a good proper HK slap on that cocking handle.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It's actually a relatively new department issued mp5. Not transferable.

Thanks for all the comments. I'm inspired to get to work on an improved camera mount and make another video! Not to mention practice mag changes and a good proper HK slap on that cocking handle.
I asked because I have a RDTS MP5SD HE and thought the suppressed sound was different... Now I know why... Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Very nice video aroundlsu,
but didn't you use your Aimpoint? Looks as the switch for the intensity setting is of.
/Peter

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No it was impossible to see through the aimpoint with the camera mounted to the gun. I was just point shooting. I hope to address that in camera mount version 2. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts