HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We had have numerous requests through our various social media platforms regarding our opinions on the various MP5SD silencers that are currently available. I will sticky this thread as a reference point for those that are interested in our thoughts.

Currently, we have 4 SD cans in our inventory for commentary...

1) 1980's era original German HK MP5SD silencer. Made completely from aluminum this lightweight can set the standard.

2) 1990's era KAC MP5SD silencer as required by NSW. Fully welded and made from stainless steel, this can could withstand the harsh sea environment. Even with its smaller diameter, it is extremely quiet. These are considered by many to be the unicorn.

3) DT logo'd @brugger_and_thomet MP5SD silencer. Made from a mix of aluminum and steel, this is the current can provided to HK Germany from B&T Switzerland. It delivers exceptional sound reduction with very minimal blowback to the operator. This can is now available on the U.S. commercial market.

4) The new @silencerco Omega 9SD. Fully welded alloy construction, it delivers the same durability as their proven Omega 9K silencer with some very impressive sound numbers.

We will be doing side-by-side comparisons on volume, tone and accuracy in the following weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
This is a great idea for a sticky, Joe. As Slaine says the TPM cans seems to be very popular. Weights and dimensions would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Have a HK NAVY marked KAC and a new one from the 2016 HKpro group buy. Also have the B&T MP5SD can ... all runs on Joes DT54SD which i love. The MP5SD has to be the best mp5

·
Registered
436 Posts
PS: been after a SiCo Omega9SD - been looking for over a year and have spoken to SiCo - am on the waiting list if they do another batch ever.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I have a RDTS and a Pre-May HK - Running them on a factory SD, I think the HK one is just a little quieter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts