HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allrighty brain trust... anyone know the thread pitch for the muzzle of the MP7?

·
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And the answer is... M12x1. Time for a new tool set!

·
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep!

·
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All the rounds that I have seen so far are supersonic. It will never be "Hollywood" quiet!

·
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm pretty sure that all of the readily available stuff is going to be pretty fast. And I'm equally sure that I could not afford to shoot any handloads that cycle that quickly, eh?

·
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not LEO, but married to one and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express! Nope, I'm an FFL/SOT and MFR

G

·
Wouldn't sub-sonic rounds defeat the purpose of this thing? I thought it was all about high velocity with this thing...

·
11,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AAC has one and so does Gemtech. This is one of those "gotta do it bu it makes no real sense" projects. Very few of these weapons will ever get "out and about" in the US, so it's not like the market is huge for it. But it is a golly gee come see at the table, so...

·
Registered
11 Posts
so reviving an old thread! I just recently picked up a MP7A1. I wanted to silence it. There were 3 routs I could go. 1) re thread the barrel from M12X1RH to 1/2X28. I did not want to really mess with this if something had gone wrong. 2) make or have a suppressor made that will clear the body and directly thread on a suppresser. 3) find a flash hider that will work with a known silencer. as you all know, the MP7 never took off so the aftermarket parts are near non existent and very hard to find. after many calls to ssupressor companys I was put in touch with a person that had AAC 51T muzzle breaks for the MP7. I found a rare item and now I can use my m4-200 and 556SD on the MP7. Now I have to order a AAC Mini4 to make it look better!

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,460 Posts
I would recommend you not attempt to suppress it. The MP7A1 is not as easy to maintain as other weapons. Specific maintenance to the gas block and barrel are armorer level tasks that require special tooling. With the increased fouling that suppressed shooting causes, it is very easy to clog up that area. Specifically, the gas port is the main concern and you can't get access to that area without removing the gas block and barrel. Without maintenance there, you'll start having consistent failures to feed and eject.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts