HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see companies selling magazines and ammo for the MP7. Who can own one besides Police/Military units?

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
No one. Special FFL's I am sure, if they demo them to departments. But none of us peasant folk.

·
Registered
367 Posts
NFA MUST GO!!!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The Grand Pooba has two and I do covet that neighbors possessions. The MP7 is my Eleanor. One day it will be mine.

·
Registered
765 Posts
NFA MUST GO!!!
Indeed, and the GCA with it.
Magazines and ammunition are not restricted (except by state/local laws). I can only see them being advertised in hope that some LEO or agency might look for open availability options for cheaper price as opposed to strictly going through the same distributor as their guns.

Unless....maybe....someone out there is doing an AR conversion to the 4.6, similar to those for the 5.7?

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I've heard there are some semi-auto versions of the MP-7 available for sale to civilians in Canada. However, I believe they are restricted to a five round magazine capacity limit. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've heard there are some semi-auto versions of the MP-7 available for sale to civilians in Canada. However, I believe they are restricted to a five round magazine capacity limit. :(
That's correct, but in Canada you run the problem of finding ammo...it's bloody hard to import ammo....legally from US
besides it's the same price as NFA transferable.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I'm really surprised there is no one offering a 4.6mm AR upper.

The AR-57 5.7mm upper is really cool, and works great full auto with the slide fire stock. You can shoot dime to quarter sized groups at 7yds full auto with one of those with ease.

If stuck with a semi that cannot have an affixed stock anyway, as a US civvie legal MP7 pistol would be if ever imported, you might as well just go with a much more light and compact Five SeveN. It'd probably be 1/3 the price, and perform just as well to boot. An Mp7 carbine would look retarded with a 16" barrel, so it'd have to obviously be SBR'd. I'll bet it would cost at least triple the price of a slide fire equipped SBR'd AR-57 too.

Neat gun, but even if they ever were imported, i couldn't see dropping $3-5000 on one. I guess if i was a rich man though, sure, why not. :)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
No one. Special FFL's I am sure, if they demo them to departments. But none of us peasant folk.
But our friends up in the Northern Territories, CAN, ..... lucky Canucks, I mean stiffs! Yep, hear the sarcasm and jealousy in my voice . . . . not fair Maing!

·
Registered
765 Posts
What is the definition of 'infringe'?
Only because you asked, I have to put on my captain obvious hat :
1. to commit a breach or infraction of; violate or transgress: to infringe a copyright; to infringe a rule.

However, the NFA/GCA laws are in place at this time. HK has to follow those rules or lose permission to make/distribute anything at all, Regardless of what you (all) or I think about it. This is not the forum to debate it.

The idea of a civvie legal version of the MP7 has been discussed here at least once before. SBR was mentioned, as was the pistol variety (think SP89 variety). The rifle would have to be bastardized to somehow accept a 10rd, unless the receiver is made in the U.S. Either pistol or rifle would have to be bastardized so as to not accept "machine gun" fire controls. This would mean parts (to include receiver) that are different from the LE/Mil version so as not to allow the installation of those prohibited components.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hk is finially releaseing a civilian mp7. it's called the hk 97, a pistol weapon. no mp7 rifle stock will fit this weapon. my cost was 2300.00 for this weapon. it looks and shoots just like it's daddy uses the same ammo.clips are still over 80.00 each so now you can go buy one. save your box tops, kiddies.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts