HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an opportunity to fire an MP7, suppressed Friday afternoon. My shop closed for a shoot afternoon so we all went to a private range. These guys from a security company were qualifying their operators with SAWs and all kinds of belt fed goodies. I noticed the MP7 on the rear bumper of their armored vehicle. They were kind enough to let me run a full magazine thru the weapon. Just amaizing little gun! I WANT ONE !! But, since I'm neither a military or LEO guy, I can't have one. Going price currently for one if you qualify is around $4,500 to $5,000 IF you can find one.

PLEASE HK, MAKE AN SBR, SEMI AUTO VERSION! YOU WILL SELL 30 OF THEM JUST TO US !!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Had an opportunity to fire an MP7, suppressed Friday afternoon. My shop closed for a shoot afternoon so we all went to a private range. These guys from a security company were qualifying their operators with SAWs and all kinds of belt fed goodies. I noticed the MP7 on the rear bumper of their armored vehicle. They were kind enough to let me run a full magazine thru the weapon. Just amaizing little gun! I WANT ONE !! But, since I'm neither a military or LEO guy, I can't have one. Going price currently for one if you qualify is around $4,500 to $5,000 IF you can find one.

PLEASE HK, MAKE AN SBR, SEMI AUTO VERSION! YOU WILL SELL 30 OF THEM JUST TO US !!!
How did you like that 4.6×30mm cartridge? Is the MP7 intended to replace the MP5? How does it compare to a MP5?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
How did you like that 4.6×30mm cartridge? Is the MP7 intended to replace the MP5? How does it compare to a MP5?
The MP7 was intended to fill a void in the MP5K-PDW where an armor piercing round is needed, not a replacement.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts

I'm in. Yes please!!! Me too!!!

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,749 Posts
Not going to happen. HK could not legally import a semi version into the US as a result of the wisdom of our elected officials. And there are not enough of us here to justify a US based assembly line.

Full disclosure: I have TWO MP7's...

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Also in the "two" club, with sequential serials no less, :)

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
OK, guys... the airsoft version does not count! j/k

But for real... I hate you both! Oh, and the Government too for thinking this is in the best interest of the people. I guess I should be happy that I can own what I do now.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
How does one legally own a MP7?
1. Get an 02 or 07 FFL license. Don't forget to renew it every 3 years.
2. Mail in a check for $500 for your SOT. Repeat every year on or before June 30th.
3. Get a "love letter" from a PD.

Nothin' to it.

I'm done with step 1 and step 2. I just need #3.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,749 Posts
@AD,
Once the current few MP7's left in bond are gone, no more will be sold direct to SOT's. German government EUC requirements mean that it can only go direct to Mil/LE. Of course what they do with it after that is another story.

@Marine0303,
Seriously, HK would have to build the things here in the US because our Congress has deemed it proper to prohibit such a weapon from being imported to the States. And if it were configured as it is now and built here, it would be an SBR. Unless they put an obnoxious 16" barrel on it. Or lost the retractable stock. And even then, HK would have to be certain that a really huge number would sell to justify the cost of building the US plant line. In short, not gonna happen.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,335 Posts
@Marine0303,
Seriously, HK would have to build the things here in the US because our Congress has deemed it proper to prohibit such a weapon from being imported to the States. And if it were configured as it is now and built here, it would be an SBR. Unless they put an obnoxious 16" barrel on it. Or lost the retractable stock. And even then, HK would have to be certain that a really huge number would sell to justify the cost of building the US plant line. In short, not gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

Of course I was just kidding. Glad a few have made it into the hands of the law abiding citizens. Nice concept and fun to shoot, but I always get the bottom chunk of my palm pinched when reloading mags. With more practice, I'm sure I could work that out.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
@AD,
Once the current few MP7's left in bond are gone, no more will be sold direct to SOT's. German government EUC requirements mean that it can only go direct to Mil/LE. Of course what they do with it after that is another story.

@Marine0303,
Seriously, HK would have to build the things here in the US because our Congress has deemed it proper to prohibit such a weapon from being imported to the States. And if it were configured as it is now and built here, it would be an SBR. Unless they put an obnoxious 16" barrel on it. Or lost the retractable stock. And even then, HK would have to be certain that a really huge number would sell to justify the cost of building the US plant line. In short, not gonna happen.
OK fine, name your price. :2300000: Oh wait, baby surgery in a few weeks, better not. Well fine, I guess I will go buy a PS90 and SBR the dang thing.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts