HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys keep if you had both but had to sell one?

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
wow. Definately not a choice I would ever want to face. For ammo reasons I would pick the UMP but both offer the same sense of self-defense reliability to me. Any suppressors/lasers? Say for example you could not find ammo for the MP7 at a reasonable price but had a laser and/or suppressor equipped that would be my keeper.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd keep the MP7A1 simply because you can modify a USC to have something extremely similar to a UMP with an FBI lower, but there's nothing out there you can use to create a civilian legal MP7A1...so if I had the chance to own one, I'd take the MP7A1 hands down.

That said, I've never fired one, but I got to handle an MP7 and a UMP in .40 and .45 a while back and I loved the way both felt. I'd love to have some sort of civilian legal MP7 though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys.

I'm thinking about selling my kidney to keep both.

I know 4.6x30 ammunition is hard to get here but it's available, I think I'll try to shoot the MP7 before I take a final decision.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Whoa, wait a minute...you can legally own the MP7A1 in Canada? Or are you a dealer or something of that sort?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I would keep the MP7 if only for the unique factor. Since you guys up there are limited to 10rds anyway, I'd go for the 4.6 ammo over 9mm if ever SHTF,like Greendland invading Canada or something like that. Not that I'm an expert in ballistics or such, but if basic 9mm ball loads were great, and to a lesser extent other 9mm loads, why would HK, Knight or FN come out with PDW type cartridges? It is a niche cartridge with tremendous potential, fairly expensive, but way cool. The UMP9 is practical, but practical is so yesterday. Canada envy, just blame it on that ;) .

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The UMP is for sale. If I don't sell it, too bad, I'll keep them all.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
93 Posts
woah...wait a minute, I though Canada had heinous gun laws. Would you mind explaining how one goes about obtaining such a thing in Canada?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
woah...wait a minute, I though Canada had heinous gun laws. Would you mind explaining how one goes about obtaining such a thing in Canada?
+1 and please post up some pics!!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, my UMP was SPF in like 20 minutes. A guy from Alberta bought it.

I should have asked more ;-)

Reference that MP7A1, I'm paying for it next Saturday, then the transfer will start.

BTW, the MP7, like the UMP, is semi-auto only.

Don't worry I will post pics as soon as I get it. (usually 2-3 weeks)

Pat

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Wow, my UMP was SPF in like 20 minutes. A guy from Alberta bought it.

I should have asked more ;-)

Reference that MP7A1, I'm paying for it next Saturday, then the transfer will start.

BTW, the MP7, like the UMP, is semi-auto only.

Don't worry I will post pics as soon as I get it. (usually 2-3 weeks)

Pat
How much do they sell for (both the UMP and MP7) in Canada?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I sold the UMP for 6500$ and the MP7 go for over 10K$.

Pat

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Like my G36C, I had offer for it at 8000$, I'm keeping it for now, but when I'm tired of it, it will be sold very quickly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts