HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a new MR762 and I haven't gotten a chance to go shoot it, but hopefully will this weekend or next. But I am just wanting recommendations on what the best ammo and bullet weight is to shoot through it. I have an AI AT308 and a Remington 700 that I shoot hand loaded and factory 185gr Bergers through but I am afraid that that might be too heavy a load for this gun. So any recommendations are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I have recently purchased a new MR762 and I haven't gotten a chance to go shoot it, but hopefully will this weekend or next. But I am just wanting recommendations on what the best ammo and bullet weight is to shoot through it. I have an AI AT308 and a Remington 700 that I shoot hand loaded and factory 185gr Bergers through but I am afraid that that might be too heavy a load for this gun. So any recommendations are appreciated.
https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk417-hq/186124-mr762-owners-ammo-question.html

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Generally speaking the faster the twist rate (lower number) the heavier the bullet. So on the 7.62 with a 1/10 or 1/11 twist rate a 168 to 175 gr, when going to a 1/12 twist rate you could use 7.62 NATO XM80 149 gr. I have shot those through mine and they run fine and much cheaper to shoot. Also have run 168 gr with no issues. Getting in to a 175 gr though you might have some issue with the heavier projectile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.