HKPRO Forums banner
81 - 100 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
So what you're saying is you have 2x US made MR556 that you overpaid for regardless because their is literally nothing German about them, MR556 are assembled in the US from parts made by various US subs. BUT you would never buy a real German HK MR223 because the only supplier of them is charging too much and they are only for posers....

Look, I'm as big of an HK supporter as anyone on this forum and I could afford it. However, already owning two MR556's that were both purchased at a normal market value, I say those MR223's are priced for posers and will never be shot.

But agree, if they're so inclined, it is a free country, I just consider it gouging.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
So what you're saying is you have 2x US made MR556 that you overpaid for regardless because their is literally nothing German about them, MR556 are assembled in the US from parts made by various US subs. BUT you would never buy a real German HK MR223 because the only supplier of them is charging too much and they are only for posers....
Wrong. Educate yourself before posting nonsense.

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
Incorrect. While the MR556A1s are not all German, because they have some US parts on them, they most certainly do have a number real German made HK parts on them. In fact, I’d say they have more German parts than US parts.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Again wrong.

The reason for the heavy barrel profiles was to differentiate them from Military weapons of war that German law prevented from exporting. They were exported as match rifles.

The German proof marks on my MR rifles weren’t stamped in the US.

But nice try regardless.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They are NOT German barrels that is for sure. I know for a fact that MR556 were made by Wilcox for some period of time for HK USA. MR556 rifles are basically assembled from US parts, there is nothing I know of that is German on it. HK USA is too dumb to figure out how to import the majority of items they could be importing which is why AU and HKI even exist. HK USA definitely didnt import any barrels that fall under "assault weapon" import laws. And heavy or not, replacement barrels for a semi-auto AR type rifle fall under those restrictions. Their barrels are American made

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
They are NOT German barrels that is for sure. I know for a fact that MR556 were made by Wilcox for some period of time for HK USA. MR556 rifles are basically assembled from US parts, there is nothing I know of that is German on it. HK USA is too dumb to figure out how to import the majority of items they could be importing which is why AU and HKI even exist. HK USA definitely didnt import any barrels that fall under "assault weapon" import laws. And heavy or not, replacement barrels for a semi-auto AR type rifle fall under those restrictions. Their barrels are American made
I'm not going down to my safe, pounding the G-rail off to take pictures of the proof marks on the barrels.

Keep digging, China is nearing..............

·
Registered
30 Posts
If they go less I'd be surprised, the 16" black seems to be the least popular, they dont pop up for resale often but the 11" models they wont ever need to discount, they just dont seem to get enough of them, glad I snagged one when they first dropped!

81 - 100 of 175 Posts