HKPRO Forums banner
101 - 120 of 175 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,928 Posts
If they drop another 1k I would be seriously interested
Same. I almost ordered one last night, but just couldn’t do it. Couldn’t see spending another 5K when I already have a MR556A1. Other than a lighter barrel, I don’t see much of an advantage, and that’s not worth 5K to me. The ambi controls don’t do much for me, and in fact, usually a right side safety digs into my hand. Not interested in the RAL colored version with their mishmash of shades, or the HKey handguard. It doesn’t even have an adjustable gas regulator!

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
1,865 Posts
$5k + brace + 416 upper - sell the MR 223 upper for ~$2k and its all HK (admittedly a “parts gun”) - it’s a pistol for non-SBR states.
Compare to the $$ on BRN lower with LPK going for $1500 ish - so is a net $3k for a pistol lower within the range of reasonable? - yes I think so.
My preference: save your shekels and get a 416DSF if you are in a SBR state …..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well I guess I eat my words. Im surprised they dropped them so low.

It doesnt matter what they cost in Europe, AU and HKI go to the effort to get them approved for import, which no one else has seemed to accomplish, lay out all the money to buy them, sit on the money until they arrive and can be sold and who knows what else. Its funny this keeps getting brought up yet every time they have the 11" models they sell within minutes

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
2,303 Posts
Well I guess I eat my words. Im surprised they dropped them so low.

It doesnt matter what they cost in Europe, AU and HKI go to the effort to get them approved for import, which no one else has seemed to accomplish, lay out all the money to buy them, sit on the money until they arrive and can be sold and who knows what else. Its funny this keeps getting brought up yet every time they have the 11" models they sell within minutes
The only way these are getting approved is that someone in the import process is attesting to the fact that they are pistols. HKO doesn't make MR223 pistols. And official HK is not happy at all that this is being done. Oops.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Official HK as in HK USA but those guys have always been less than competent. HK Obendorf doesn't seem to care or I am sure they would have been stopped by now. They are selling HK product so I don't see how anyone other than HK USA would be mad since theyve been cut out of the financial equation

The only way these are getting approved is that someone in the import process is attesting to the fact that they are pistols. HKO doesn't make MR223 pistols. And official HK is not happy at all that this is being done. Oops.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Well they have sold 12 since dropping the price, count is at 35 now, I checked earlier in the week and they still had 47. With free shipping and the sights, cheaper than the first batch they did.

·
2,303 Posts
Official HK as in HK USA but those guys have always been less than competent. HK Obendorf doesn't seem to care or I am sure they would have been stopped by now. They are selling HK product so I don't see how anyone other than HK USA would be mad since they've been cut out of the financial equation.
Official HK includes Germany. These are being imported through German/other European dealers, that HK has been unable to identify. That is my understanding. HK USA and O are both very interested in not operating in the gray market. HKO has a very strong desire to not have a repeat of the Mexico fiasco, and in general want to operate by observing all relevant laws. For you to suggest the only motivator for HK USA is money, is a bit short sighted.

·
2,303 Posts

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
H&K should figure out the desire in the US for these firearms and finally give us a rifle we have been looking for like the MR556A3

They are down two more in an hour. If they keep selling at this rate, they won't need to lower the price any more.

·
Premium Member
3,491 Posts

What's up with the selector in photo 9 on this gun? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
Photo #12 is the same. Looks like Lumberjack either took it apart, it was peiced together outside of HK O, or HK O's QC is failing...

101 - 120 of 175 Posts