HKPRO Forums banner

MR223 16" Imports In Stock

13K views 174 replies 44 participants last post by  imacad 
#1 ·

#6 ·
50 Black and 15 RAL In stock

There’s several of these on GB with zero bids. Maybe they’re flipped out or people are waiting for the US MR updates.
Even if we ever do get HK USA to give us an updated MR (which I hope we do), it still wont be German made or have a chrome lined barrel. We are also very unlikely to get a short barreled variant here. Which is what I think the attraction is with the 11" model. I wish AU would bring in those 13" MR308

#12 ·
...and the nearly yellow plastics, unmatched upper, lower, and receiver extension, and that dated HKey handguard. C'mon. That thing is repulsive and the price is laughable.

Ewww. Gross. (n)

View attachment 306060
...and the nearly yellow plastics, unmatched upper, lower, and receiver extension, and that dated HKey handguard. C'mon. That thing is repulsive and the price is laughable.

Ewww. Gross. (n)

View attachment 306060
For someone spending $8k on that means they better get a mental health check! :)

#14 ·
LOL. Could import it yourself for MUCH cheaper. All they did was remove the buttstock from a Euro MR223. It's not like these were made as pistols for the US market; If they were, HK-USA would be importing them... Not a 3rd party.

Retail in Germany is in the 2300-2400 Euro range. Thats 2700-2800 Dollars.
There are businesses in Europe that specialize in custom import/export of firearms for retail customers and basically batch ship everything to keep costs down.

#16 ·
LOL. Could import it yourself for MUCH cheaper. All they did was remove the buttstock from a Euro MR223. It's not like these were made as pistols for the US market; If they were, HK-USA would be importing them... Not a 3rd party.

Retail in Germany is in the 2300-2400 Euro range. Thats 2700-2800 Dollars.
There are businesses in Europe that specialize in custom import/export of firearms for retail customers and basically batch ship everything to keep costs down.
I’m surprised a group buy hasn’t been suggested.

#25 ·
There is no chance that HK USA is going to be producing an equivalent or an exceeding version of the MR223A3. The barely produce any of the MR556 rifles they make domestically and those are just standard AR15 lowers. The MR223A3 is a completely new forging with enhancements not seen on any other AR type weapon in the US currently.

The first batch of MR223A3 in 16" that AU brought in had a longer handguard if I remember right. These are clearly a fresh batch of imports, they just released some of the shorter versions a few weeks ago, looks like the faucet is back on.

For as many haters as they seem to have they obviously have many loyal customers as well, everything they bring to market, and they've brought us some cool stuff, seems to sell!

#27 ·
There is no chance that HK USA is going to be producing an equivalent or an exceeding version of the MR223A3. The barely produce any of the MR556 rifles they make domestically and those are just standard AR15 lowers. The MR223A3 is a completely new forging with enhancements not seen on any other AR type weapon in the US currently.

The first batch of MR223A3 in 16" that AU brought in had a longer handguard if I remember right. These are clearly a fresh batch of imports, they just released some of the shorter versions a few weeks ago, looks like the faucet is back on.

For as many haters as they seem to have they obviously have many loyal customers as well, everything they bring to market, and they've brought us some cool stuff, seems to sell!
Which of the HK Lowers fir the MR223 A5 upper?

#43 ·
I don’t think a “slow sell” - they show availability- sell down to zero - then add more. I am sure actual inventory is well guarded information like most companies. Let’s have some admiration for AU for bringing in guns which HK chooses not to sell USA.
Which to buy black / FDE / 10” / 14” / 16”?
How much does AU pay? Unknown but judging by Euro prices on several German websites - probably doubling their money.
I say thank you for my 16” FDE - just add a slimline stock - Beautiful.

So will HK follow AU’s lead like on SP5’s?
I hope so - but don’t hold your breath.
A buddy of mine paid $8k and flipped it at a gunshow a week later at $9k.

#47 ·
i am grateful AU brought them in else none of us would have a chance. I picked up a 11" black and a 16" with full length hand guard. Expensive yes, but without AU i wouldn't have had a chance and i wasn't buying an MR556. So expensive yes, but at least have a chance to own and shoot them now.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.