HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the options for replacing the barrel on an MR223A3? Are there spare barrels available? Or spare uppers? Or does one have to buy the entire gun again if the barrel is worn out?

thanks

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I met a guy, that replaced barrel in his MR223A1 (non-CL) after 25K rounds, because its accuracy deteriorated significantly. Barrel costed him around 3000zł (inlcuding 23% VAT), that was roughly 700-750 EUR back then. With CL barrel in MR223 you can expect twice as much. In case HK is not around anymore or whatever, good gunsmith can take barrel blank, chamber it, fit receiver extension removed from old barrel, profile it and drill gas port. It is not something not feasible to do. In case of bolt problems, you can use regular AR15 bolt in HK (OTB feature will no longer work with "regular" bolt). No need of new rifle when barrel is shot out.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Gunpartscorp just had some in stock for around $700.

ETA: Duh. Just realized you’re outside US.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Lead time is 1+ year for barrels at the moment.
Calculate yearly "mileage" on barrel and order in advance to meet point when you expect it to need replacement (I would use 20-25K for precision shooting and 40-50K for general use). Of course if Russian or Ukrainian steel jacket (not to mistake with steel case) ammo is used. In this case order ASAP ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Calculate yearly "mileage" on barrel and order in advance to meet point when you expect it to need replacement (I would use 20-25K for precision shooting and 40-50K for general use). Of course if Russian or Ukrainian steel jacket (not to mistake with steel case) ammo is used. In this case order ASAP ;)
That's kinda what happened...

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Contact HK distributor in your country. Maybe they can help you with getting barrel replaced.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts