HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to recap my new MR308 will be used for recreational purposes BUT I want the option to compete with it in the future. With this in mind I have decided I need a high-quality scope with a zoom range of 1-8x with an illuminated Mil-dot reticle. I've narrowed it down to 2 candidates - the Schmidt & Bender 1-8x24 PM ShortDot and the Premier Reticles V8 1.1-8x24 Tactical. Both have pros and cons.

S&B: Pros - Lighter, parallax adjusted CC mode. Cons - MilDot CC reticle is very fine.

PR: Pros - Bolder reticle, dot under 3x illuminated reticle over 3x. Cons - heavier, odd shape.

Does anyone have any comments regarding these two? Does anyone actually own one? I would appreciate any input

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
The S&B 1-8x isn't available at this point.
Frank's video on S&B/Leupold Demo
Short Dot Shoot Out / Mk 8 CQBSS vs S&B 1-8x - YouTube

Some first-hand info on the Premier:
Premier Reticles 1.1-8 (UPDATE pg. 3, Oct 21) - M4Carbine.net Forums

Obviously, you want to roll on the higher-end optic range. To date, I've used 11 different models of Schmidt & Bender optics with 9 being PM or PMII. I have only had one Premier Heritage, and would NOT take it over a Schmidt & Bender. That said, I had felt that the 1-8x optic was asking a little much for itself even back when it was being listed for $2500-2600 (USC). Now that it's priced in the $3600 range, I honestly don't feel that its capabilities match up with the asking price. But it's your money, do as you wish.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Not having used any of the models listed in the OP, I have used three different Schmidt & Bender optics and highly recommend them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts