HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,868 Posts
I've not seen any reason to try them.... just another polymer magazine as far as I'm concerned... I have gobs of PMags and HK polymer mags, as well as aluminum GI mags, (and a fair number of HK steel mags........ I suspect they will work fine, but I don't really know.

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
Never saw a need to buy one. Happy with my Pmags, Lancers, HK steel and poly mags, and alum USGI mags.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have PMAGs and Lancers that work great on MR. I just purchased a 10/30 Series 2 Hex mag and it doesn’t seem to work on the MR. Only reason I need it is for 10/30. It slides in but won’t lock. Anybody confirm these don’t really work on the MR??

·
Premium Member
3,455 Posts
I have PMAGs and Lancers that work great on MR. I just purchased a 10/30 Series 2 Hex mag and it doesn’t seem to work on the MR. Only reason I need it is for 10/30. It slides in but won’t lock. Anybody confirm these don’t really work on the MR??
Do you mean this mag?

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Heckler-Koch-HK416-Gen3-30-Round-Magazine-Window-p/hk-250068.htm

I ended up buying a few just for the collection. It locks in fine in my MR556. Are you trying to insert a full mag on a closed bolt?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you mean this mag?

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Heckler-Koch-HK416-Gen3-30-Round-Magazine-Window-p/hk-250068.htm

I ended up buying a few just for the collection. It locks in fine in my MR556. Are you trying to insert a full mag on a closed bolt?
No this mag...

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/hexmag-233-5-56-10-30-round-polymer-magazine.html

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I met a cop at a traffic stop who told me about the hex mag he loved them I was all full up so never tried them out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Turns out the Hex mag will NOT work with a mag lock setup like a Juggernaut Hellfire. The Promags and Lancers work great but not the Hex mags.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Actually, it works fine. Tried it once but there's no reason to buy one.
Ok well they don’t for me. I called Hex and they told me it won’t work with a Juggernaut. So if you have any bright advice feel free to share. Below is their actual response:

Our magazine was designed to be compatible with standard functioning AR-15’s. Unfortunately it is not compatible, because with the Hell fighter Kit you remove your bolt catch and replace it with the “magazine lock”. The factory bolt catch actually depresses the follower of our magazine roughly 1/8th of an inch. Without that bolt catch, your BCG is going to slam into the back of the magazine slightly higher causing the jam up and eventually damaging the follower over time. So without the bolt catch I would have to say it Is not going to function correctly in your current set up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts