HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Woah... I just bought my MR762A1.

Wonder if this means they're releasing an updated MR556 and MR762? Probably going to be holding onto my MR556A1 forever since it's SBR'd now.

·
Registered
146 Posts
433 available next month? :) (I know this is a pipe dream)

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is disappointing. I was hoping to be able to pick up a mr556 at the end of the year.
I hope it means new models are coming but I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Interesting.. I wonder if a newer variant comes out the old ones will go down. Maybe I should sell mine but it's SBR. Been wanted an A5 forever!

·
Registered
34,563 Posts
Limited production could either mean the MR556A1 (70th and FDE) and MR762A1 LRPII, or that the A3's are in the works, or both!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Tony

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Or... maybe they've finally fulfilled their (HKUSA) order commitments from HK-DE for parts that are serialized.

Now they can begin manufacturing of those parts in the US and maybe they're tooled for A5 or A7 416 lowers? ooh.. perish the thought!

·
Registered
293 Posts
They just updated their website for the Long Range Package... MLOK handguard and a different scope it appears. Per their instagram reply... same MSRP.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Maybe something new coming finally. But one can only hope
I wish I shared your optimism.

HK has been fighting and losing an up-hill battle for a long time now and German politics have not done them any favors for sure. Things like this make me wonder if they aren't making decisions under great pressure...much like one's body must shut down secondary functions to support survival during trauma/fight/flight. Rob Peter to pay Paul...

It could be that they are making a move similar to what Colt did previously in that they had to play catch-up to fill outstanding military contracts (or at least that's what they claimed to be doing...) and suspend commercial sales. Perhaps the M110A1's, M27's, got the fast pass to the front of the line.

Maybe we're finally going to see what Geissele's got cooking and old "German" MR's are going to see a drastic value change...

No matter how one looks at it, it doesn't appear to be a smart move in the current US commercial climate to make and sell fewer "black rifle" variants. Assuming they could do so without political interference, I'd want to be cranking out as many MR's, SP5's, and 9mm mid-size and compact pistols as I could muster as these things can not stay on the shelves...probably through the rest of 2020 at the very least.

I just don't see the "we're finally going to give you the A5 US MR variant you've been screaming for" at this juncture...:(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts