HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, how does one replace the rear drum? I just ordered a set of sights and the come with the rear drum set for the 14.5/16" barrel. I ordered the rear drum set for the 10" barrel from hk parts and need info on how to swap them out.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Use sight removal tool or an appropriately sized needle nosed pliers like you are adjusting elevation for zeroing. Unscrew the drum, but be mindful of the two spring-loaded detents under the drum opposite one another (you'll see what i'm talking about). Screw on new drum.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, but if I were to use the 2 part screw driver tool, how would I slide on the new drum? wouldn't removing the screw driver ease the tension on the pins? I apologize for the noob question, but this is my first foray into diopter sights.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Thank you, but if I were to use the 2 part screw driver tool, how would I slide on the new drum? wouldn't removing the screw driver ease the tension on the pins? I apologize for the noob question, but this is my first foray into diopter sights.
I never said to remove the screw driver/tool. The drum itself is itself threaded onto the rest of the sight assembly.

Read G3K's step by step instructions:

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-gun-talk/146095-mp5-s-rear-sight-drum-how-replace.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts