HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think I have my scope delema sorted out. As I'm not anticipating shooting over 200 yds a Leupold HAMR w/ redot seems to address all the needs I might have from this weapon. As I was shopping around I kept getting sucked into these cool long range scopes, which would look impressive on the gun but I don't think would meet my actual requirements. One question I have outstanding is if I'd want to somehow use a set of iron sights as well? I thought I could use a QD mount under the HAMR but the setup without the additional mount height is substantial. I don't want to get this too tall and become unweildy for the sake of the iron option. Guess I'm asking your opinions as to the relative value of having the extra set of sights and what my best mounting options might be? And going back to my origonal statement what do you think of the whole HAMR idea to begin with? I know these are not inexpensive but relative to many options they are reasonable for what my requirements are.

Tnks,
Ray

·
Registered
628 Posts
As far as iron sights you could get some of those 45 degree off set sights that you just rotate the gun to use. If the HAMR does what you need, you should use it. If you get the HAMR and off set sights you'd have three different sight options at once with minimal action to go to each one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts