HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone share how the HK Shooting Team has their MR556s set up? Any special mods and such? Stock vs custom triggers, etc. I see Derek @bystok has his setup quite nicely. Wondering what optic that is though?
MR556 A1 Comp.jpg

·
HK Shooting Team
2,787 Posts
Hey guys! Happy to answer any questions and help. Straightgrain is working with the good folks at HK to revive the shooting team section on HKpro as well. Yes, I am using the Vortex Razor 1x6 and love it. Some of the other shooters run the Vortex Razor and some run the Vortex Strike Eagle. The 1x6 magnification gives that little extra needed for some of those 400-500 yard shots.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,787 Posts
I swapped the magpul stock for the HK stock as I am used to the cheek weld on it. For the trigger, I run the Geissele MR556 trigger despite the factory trigger being more than adequate for competitions. The MR556 trigger is like the SSA-E which I am used to using and love for those shots that require pin point accuracy. I also run the Magpul MBUS for side irons in 3 gun. When I mounted the Magpuls where I did, they required a little filing on the side to fit....not a big deal at all as they are plastic!

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Hey guys! Happy to answer any questions and help. Straightgrain is working with the good folks at HK to revive the shooting team section on HKpro as well. Yes, I am using the Vortex Razor 1x6 and love it. Some of the other shooters run the Vortex Razor and some run the Vortex Strike Eagle. The 1x6 magnification gives that little extra needed for some of those 400-500 yard shots.
It would be great if you guys would add videos to the hkpro shooting team youtube page as well, if possible:)

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! Thanks for reply Derek! It definitely would be great to have sticky posted in the HK Long Gun Talk and the HK Handgun Talk section of the forum dedicated to 3 gun and HK shooting team. The separate HK shooting team section get's no views.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I set up mine with the Geissele MR556 trigger and 14.5 rail. Swapped the FH for a Seekins brake. Vortex Razor 1-6 here too. The optic compliments the MR556 perfectly out to 500yds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts