HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were so inclined how would someone get the mr556 to look like the noveske infidel? would the 11" extended rail fit the bill? thoughts? thanks!
( yes i like it for the looks.) =/

·
Banned
879 Posts
It would come close, but the M27 rail is shorter then the rail used on the Infidel. If you wanted the *exact* same look, you'd have to shorten the barrel slightly to match.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any disadvantages i should know about upfront? *why shouldn't i do this?/besides the obvious huge investment of money*
(going with a re profiled barrel, extended rail. and the 13.7 cut length for the KX3?)

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
Before the release of the MR556, people were trying to make an AR look like a HK 416. Now that the MR is out, people are trying to make it look like another AR. Seems like we've come full circle here ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I agree, If you want a gun that looks like the Infidel... just buy the infidel... but a setup similar to it would be sweet... I imagine a MR556 with an M27 IAR rail and shortened barrel with the firepig FH would look pretty freakin awesome

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Before the release of the MR556, people were trying to make an AR look like a HK 416. Now that the MR is out, people are trying to make it look like another AR. Seems like we've come full circle here ;)
I have no problem with that. There is even logic in it:

1. Take rifle that works
2. Make it look like rifle that looks cool
3. You have rifle that works and looks cool

:D

·
Banned
879 Posts
I'd be very hesitant putting a piggy brake on a 416/MR. The gas system in the 416/MR is already "healthy" as it is. The piggy works a bit like a "weak" suppressor (not in sound reduction though) as it has a "blast baffle" and it increases the gas in the system and blowback into the action. This works great for shorter barrel guns with reduced dwell time that may be experiencing weak gas system issues, but there is no need to put one on a 416 style gun.

If somebody did this, i'd suggest removing the "baffle" from the brake. Of course you'd lose some of its other positive attributes, but at least you'd have the "look" you wanted without the drawbacks.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
+10000

1 - 10 of 10 Posts