HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...not mine/no affiliation. I've seen a few guys looking for MR556 lowers on the boards, and they quickly appear to be rainbow unicorns....or at least for a decent price these days. So...good luck.....looks clean.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/611032592

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Gettin' dangerously close to what you fella's forked out for those Semi-only 416 lowers, isn't it?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Gettin' dangerously close to what you fella's forked out for those Semi-only 416 lowers, isn't it?
If memory serves me right those went for well over the $12,000 mark and was for complete guns. I've never seen any of the lucky few who snatched those up part with just the lowers, though I do remember the complete guns going for over the $12K mark and then there were the ones that were a bit lesser in value that had the "SF" marking next to the 416 D and those didn't demand the higher premium like the ones that didn't bare the SF markings. And I believe all of those lowers had M16 style fire control pockets in them as well just minus the glory hole.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Good lord. Makes me feel better about the handful of 556A1 competition lowers I scooped for $1450 apiece a few months ago. And I wasn't even happy to pay that.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
If memory serves me right those went for well over the $12,000 mark and was for complete guns. I've never seen any of the lucky few who snatched those up part with just the lowers, though I do remember the complete guns going for over the $12K mark and then there were the ones that were a bit lesser in value that had the "SF" marking next to the 416 D and those didn't demand the higher premium like the ones that didn't bare the SF markings. And I believe all of those lowers had M16 style fire control pockets in them as well just minus the glory hole.
There were stripped lowers sold from that SF batch. A couple here have them as well as Vickers. $2k+ for a stripped lower from what I remember

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There were stripped lowers sold from that SF batch. A couple here have them as well as Vickers. $2k+ for a stripped lower from what I remember
And I've seen a couple of those change hands for roughly $25K

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...one born ever minute
That's exactly what everyone told me years ago when I invested in sears. Funny how that expression gets tossed around.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I give up.....does this mean I should put my MR556A1 up for sale or what? It seems as though everyone is forgetting that an A3 model is coming very soon.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I give up.....does this mean I should put my MR556A1 up for sale or what? It seems as though everyone is forgetting that an A3 model is coming very soon.
I wouldn't. I've got mine set up to drive tacks at 100 yds. Took too long to get everything just the way I like it. Keep it....and shoot it.

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
Until it shows up here for sale, you should know better, just as well as the rest of us do, not to count those chickens yet!!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Imo $1,800 is $600 way to high for the lower. At the $2,250 for the buy it now, its ridiculous! We have news that more MR556's will arrive (relatively) soon and the prices will (hopefully) come back down and normalize.

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
Fixed it; and no, I wouldn't be shocked...
Don't add words into my remarks when you quote me, it shows off just how much of a tell you are as I said nothing about a rollmark and you have no clue what you are talking about!!

Rollmark, Now that is funny....

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Don't add words into my remarks when you quote me, it shows off just how much of a tell you are as I said nothing about a rollmark and you have no clue what you are talking about!!

Rollmark, Now that is funny....
Well, then share with us the non-superficial differences between the stripped SF lower and stripped MR556 lower...

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
Imo $1,800 is $600 way to high for the lower. At the $2,250 for the buy it now, its ridiculous! We have news that more MR556's will arrive (relatively) soon and the prices will (hopefully) come back down and normalize.

Are you willing to bet $$ on that information? If so, PM me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.