HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MR556 has quickly become my go to gun. I'm really can't say anything bad about it. Had no failures to feed and no failures to fire 2 date. It took a while to figure out what bullets it likes, but since then I've discovered it is capable of very very good accuracy. It can easily put 15 rounds inside 1 and 1 half inches at 100 yards. Right now I'm shooting 65 grain Sierra Gameking and 69 grain Sierra Matchking. I've installed an ACOG 4X compact optic, which seems to be a perfect match for this rifle. I Recently purchased a POF 308, and wish I'd bought the HK 762 instead. I'm going to sell the POS oops make that POF and look for a 762.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the same setup on my MR556, ACOG 4x32 Green Crosshair and I am very satisfied with it.
When I fist got it I placed it in the corner of my bedroom close to my side of the bed.
Just looking at it puts a smile on my face.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I don't have that kind of cash to drop on a rifle and optic. I also don't have anywhere to shoot more than 25 yards. You guys are lucky.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My wife is getting me the 556 for my birthday. August seems like forever. I read about it or look at pictures of it online daily. Have not decided on optics yet. Gonna shoot the irons first though. Can't wait!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bridger10,
How's the cheekweld with the ACOG?
I have one in 3.5x in an ARMS mount and I don't seem to be able to snug in as much as when mounted to an AR with a SOPMOD.
I'm interested in what mount you're using.
Good luck shooting that fine rifle!!

·
Registered
3,466 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was mistaken, I have a 3X ACOG; model TA30-8, TA33-8 reticle, red. It can be seen here:3 - Trijicon, Inc. x 30
Cheek weld is great, I use the mount that came with it. Keeping my eyes on target, bring the rifle up and I'm on target every time.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am thinking of trading my Elcan for an ACOG. I have an older 1st gen ACOG, but it is light years behind the new ones as far as clarity.

I love my MR556 - it is a fine weapon that lives up to the Hk name...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a TA33-8 Red Horseshoe 3X on mine with a Larue mount and it is a perfect cheek-weld also. Love it and thinking seriously of having the barrel reprofiled.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a ACOG TA-31F with the chevron. The tip of the chevron makes for some accurate shots. Something to consider when deciding between chevron, donut, etc.

·
Registered
346 Posts
i use Acog, 4x32, very cool optic - for combo you can buy elcan specter dr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts