HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew that the trigger/hammer internals for the MR556 were different, but I was somewhat surprised at what I found. For those that don't know, the trigger itself is in 2 parts and it lacks the traditional style trigger spring. Instead, it uses a smaller coil like that of the disconnector spring:

NOTE: The HK is on the right

I'm assuming all of these differences have to do with the ability to engage the safety with the hammer down feature of the MR556. If so, why did HK go through all this trouble for this non-traditional feature when the HK 416 uses traditional internal parts?
HK 416 Lower Parts Kit - HKPARTS.NET

On a related note, I installed one of the new ALG triggers and I am pleased as it delivered what it promises.

·
Banned
879 Posts
It's simply the HK safety committee/lawyers again. Just like with the absolutly worthless firing pin safety.

Nothing to see here, move along, Citizens.......

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
^^^I think it's a great change for folks down here. If you had to see how the new peeps treat their firearms at the local range you might poop your pants.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I'm assuming all of these differences have to do with the ability to engage the safety with the hammer down feature of the MR556. If so, why did HK go through all this trouble for this non-traditional feature when the HK 416 uses traditional internal parts?
One of HK customers requested trigger system that allows put on safe with hammer down, because their military regimen requires this. Probably HK tough that it is good idea overall and put it in MR556A1, MY2011 MR223 (MR223A1) and is also available as upgrade 2-stage trigger kit (in nice box) for HK416 as well as option on HK416.

Also take in mind that all HK pistols with manual safety can be put in safe no matter of hammer position, same goes to other HK rifles and SMGs - this feature is assumed as "natural" in Europe, unlike designs like 1911 and AR15.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ops, I opened a new topic for information and found only after this thread,
I have old Mr 223, want sell and buy the a1. Just yesterday I went to the gun shop to see my future A1, and I just
noticed that the selector is free, in my opinion is a very good thing, because you can hold the rifle in the safe without having armed.
is a good thing, even if they are used to keep out the finger from the trigger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts