HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really liking the HK charging handle in my MR556 upper. Seems to drag or twist on the side opposite of the one extended latch.

Has anyone experienced this? Maybe it is in my head. I was thinking of replacing it with the Geissele - https://geissele.com/accessories/charging-handles.html. Something with the extended latches on both side...?

Has anyone tried this yet? I called and asked and they said they were not sure. It has not been tried with the HK MR yet.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
I ordered one as soon as they become available and threw it on my MR556. Zero issues to date, and as always with Geissele, great quality and feel.

·
Priest of the P7
5,031 Posts
Those look sweet. It reminds me a bit of the Raptor. Man, the Geissele product lineup is ever expanding.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered one as soon as they become available and threw it on my MR556. Zero issues to date, and as always with Geissele, great quality and feel.
Thanks. I will try one then.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That does makes sense. I have a LWRC M6IC and it has one like that but it is an ambi. It is nice. I am wondering if the Geissele "latches" stick out a little further than a basic no frills CH?

I prefer a CH on an AR style rifle that has a large "latch" on the side, so I can rack it quickly with the "blade" of my palm.

Hope that makes sense.

I like 100% stainless steel handles too, to ad some heft and strength.

My personal favorite:
AR-15/M16 LEFT-HAND CHARGING HANDLE | Brownells

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those look sweet. It reminds me a bit of the Raptor. Man, the Geissele product lineup is ever expanding.
Yes, I picked up there MR556/416 rail. It is nice. Very nice. I am not sure it was worth the $500 I spent on it. I also recently bought one of their Aimpoint Micro mounts and love it also.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
my thought as well, sure looks like the Raptor..... that said, I appreciate Geissele's quality and their expanding lineup....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts