HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took out my MR556 competition rifle after getting a Vortex Spitfire 3X on it. Zeroed fairly well and quickly with the time I had at the range. 100 yards and 4 shots. American Eagle 62 grain 5.56 ammo. Not too windy out 10-15 mph. About 64 degrees temp. Best 3 shot group of the day. The 4th shot I made a 2 click adjustment to bring it down a bit. But brought back up 1 and right 1 click but could not get any tighter. That optic is 1/2 moa per click. Any suggestions as no matter what I do or where I aim I cannot hit dead square in the middle. I am very happy with the grouping that rifle can do with cheap ammo. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Go buy a few boxes of various grain and brand ammo and see what difference that makes, might be pretty surprising.

What does HK says the accuracy should, be out of the box, or do they?

Also, what did you think of the Spitfire 3x? Was looking at them to try something different and have been curious.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try the ammo suggestion next time out. Thanks. I am really impressed with the Spitfire. Really clear and the reticle is pretty spot on. The range I go to has large hanging targets at 220, 560, 750, and 1000. My father in law brought his telescope to use as a spotting scope with 75 power. Aiming just below the 500yd hash on the reticle he says I hit at 560. I sure couldn't see that with a 3 power but I would have no reason the rifle couldn't do that. I can see the targets swing at 220 all day and that is a 7in round plate. Not sure how big the other 2 are though. I would highly recommend the Spitfire especially if shooting 200yds or less. Here is a pic of my current setup too.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts