HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where a person can find 30 rounders for the MR762? Seen a couple internet pics of the rifles with what appears to be a 30 round but no links to purchase. Is it only military/LEO only?

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
I don't believe there are any 30 round mags, even in the military space.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I have plenty of those. Bought a couple locally for $80+tax but the others have run $90. Wish the guy on Sturm had them! If priced like the 556 mags they would be $40 a piece. Wish HK would have stuck with the prototype version so we could use the G3 mags. Can find them locally for $2.00 aluminum & steel for $3.00. Oh well

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
No 30 rnds mags exist for the 417

PP out
It doesn't seem like it, at least no commercially available ones. It's possible HK may have made a prototype for testing, but if so, it doesn't seem like it was put in production.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe the pic I referred to earlier in the post WAS a prototype. Surely the military would want the capability of more than a 20 round capacity in that weapon? Maybe the weight and size is an issue? Maybe the great ProMag Co. will come up with one.......joking guys

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I believe the pic I referred to earlier in the post WAS a prototype. Surely the military would want the capability of more than a 20 round capacity in that weapon? Maybe the weight and size is an issue? Maybe the great ProMag Co. will come up with one.......joking guys
+1.

Would like to know as well.

I have a few 20-round mags for my MR762, and I always thought it was weird that boots on the ground wouldn't want to have 30-round mags. Different story if it was available, but not for sale to civilians.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
The earlier prototypes used G3 mags. Can't say as I have EVER seen or heard of a 30 round mag for the 417, and I feel confident in saying there is no factory HK offering.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Excluding a few cases (drums, welded mags, etc...) 20 rds is pretty much standard for .308 battle rifles.

Imagine how much heavier that'd make an already heavy rifle.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
I think these days, 7.62 rifles are mostly used in some type of designated marksman role, with the general infantryman using a lighter 5.56 gun. For that type of use, there probably isn't much call for a larger (and heavier) mag.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts