HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum so I hope I am complying with all rules. I live in California and am very interested in the MR762 long rifle. However, nobody near me (including the dealers) know much about it. I am first wondering if this rifle is even legal in my wonderful State of California. Have never seen one here and am judging the performance from what I have found in the HK handguns that I already own. Any input would be appreciated.
Rick

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Welcome to the boards.

With installation of a bullet button, the MR762 is legal to purchase in California until January 1, 2017. Passage of SB-880 will prohibit the sales of these weapons after December 31, 2016. I don't own one nor have ever shot one. You can only use ten-round magazines in California with the installation of the bullet button.

Text of SB-880 shown in the link below.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB880

SB-1446 prohibits ownership of high capacity magazines, regardless of data of acquisition starting July 1, 2017.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB1446

·
Registered
101 Posts
After 1 January it will either need to be a registered assault weapon or in a featureless configuration and it will only be purchasable as featureless. Also I highly doubt you will find this package in a CA format anywhere due to the price. It would probably be easier to look for a base MR762 and configure it into the LRP configuration. I have seen several dealers carrying base MR762s in the bay area before.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Op, don't wait if you want one, there are middle man can make it CA compliance then ship to your CA FFL.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Rick,
Where are you located? I have a great FFL in Milpitas who will accept it as-is and then install a BB or grip wrap for you to make it compliant. grabagun.com has plenty of the base models (70 in stock as of last week) if you want to go that route for $3454.
Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts