HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum so I hope I am complying with all rules. I live in California and am very interested in the MR762 long rifle. However, nobody near me (including the dealers) know much about it. I am first wondering if this rifle is even legal in my wonderful State of California. Have never seen one here and am judging the performance from what I have found in the HK handguns that I already own. Any input would be appreciated.
Rick

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Welcome to the boards.

With installation of a bullet button, the MR762 is legal to purchase in California until January 1, 2017. Passage of SB-880 will prohibit the sales of these weapons after December 31, 2016. I don't own one nor have ever shot one. You can only use ten-round magazines in California with the installation of the bullet button.

Text of SB-880 shown in the link below.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB880

SB-1446 prohibits ownership of high capacity magazines, regardless of data of acquisition starting July 1, 2017.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160SB1446

·
Registered
101 Posts
After 1 January it will either need to be a registered assault weapon or in a featureless configuration and it will only be purchasable as featureless. Also I highly doubt you will find this package in a CA format anywhere due to the price. It would probably be easier to look for a base MR762 and configure it into the LRP configuration. I have seen several dealers carrying base MR762s in the bay area before.

·
Premium Member
SL8
165 Posts
Rick,
Where are you located? I have a great FFL in Milpitas who will accept it as-is and then install a BB or grip wrap for you to make it compliant. grabagun.com has plenty of the base models (70 in stock as of last week) if you want to go that route for $3454.
Marc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.