1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Vendor
750 Posts
Rifle looking fantastic.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Probably should have gone with a canted mount if the 56mm obj. would allow or you need to reset the 2nd rev indicator. (Assuming this is zeroed)

·
Vendor
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably should have gone with a canted mount if the 56mm obj. would allow or you need to reset the 2nd rev indicator. (Assuming this is zeroed)
I’m not familiar with your mount idea - with Federal Match ammo - 3 rounds within a quarter @ 300 m - on a really good day for me. I know it’s kind of an eclectic mishmash - not meant to be a clone of anything - everyone has their preferences. ❤Spuhr

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
I’m not familiar with your mount idea - with Federal Match ammo - 3 rounds within a quarter @ 300 m - on a really good day for me. I know it’s kind of an eclectic mishmash - not meant to be a clone of anything - everyone has their preferences. ❤Spuhr
Sure ya can ;)..."all day long if I do my part". Much of this setup is telling me a much different story about what's probably going on.

I'm 99.9% sure this is a case of Mo bigger and Mo spensive is better and I'm skeptical you know what you got so stay with me.

There's a finite amount of elevation in the optic and there are 2x revolutions of travel. You either have used up most of it and only have less than 13 mils left (or one revolution) of elevation to work with. If that is the case you'd be better served with a Spuhr 46## series which would give you back 6 mils of elevation. 4616 would be my preference.
OR you haven't read the manual on how to zero and switch the indicator off of yellow (indicating you're on the 2nd revolution).

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
I was shooting my M1A @ 1000m when your momma was changing your diapers
But did you ever hit anything?... 🤣

I was pissing in gatorade bottles in hides while you're off shystering and pretending to know what you're doing. Whoopdy do!...who cares :rolleyes:

PS go read the manual for your optic please. If you're going to put that behemoth on a 308 semi...at least know how it works.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I’m sure there is more than a turn left on that elevation turret.

I run the exact same mount because I do not want to compromise from 50-200 yards which is a real sweet spot for an AR10.

IMO canted mount is not needed unless you are going very long. Maybe 7-800 yards which I never shoot my 308s out to.

Beautiful rifle ctyatty.

·
Vendor
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea think it depends where you live. Lowcountry SC you are lucky if you can find 500 yards.
Only 1000 m range left in Iowa is Camp Dodge ARNG to my knowledge / I feel lucky to have some farmer friends with decent setups - the winner of the police competition used a S&B PM on a 338 lapua - the equipment race is easier when LE uses tax money🤡

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,610 Posts
Sure ya can ;)..."all day long if I do my part". Much of this setup is telling me a much different story about what's probably going on.

I'm 99.9% sure this is a case of Mo bigger and Mo spensive is better and I'm skeptical you know what you got so stay with me.

There's a finite amount of elevation in the optic and there are 2x revolutions of travel. You either have used up most of it and only have less than 13 mils left (or one revolution) of elevation to work with. If that is the case you'd be better served with a Spuhr 46## series which would give you back 6 mils of elevation. 4616 would be my preference.
OR you haven't read the manual on how to zero and switch the indicator off of yellow (indicating you're on the 2nd revolution).
Take it easy on ole Pile he's gonna take that setup ovar der to CrainianDisneyLand n choot him sum Ruchins................. :rifle:

I've started a GoFunWithMe campaign to help him out ctyatty/mutterrushah/gohavefunwithme.com

Chin Cap Jaw Sleeve Gesture

Outerwear Smile Jaw Sleeve Hat

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Take it easy on ole Pile he's gonna take that setup ovar der to CrainianDisneyLand n choot him sum Ruchins................. :rifle:

I've started a GoFunWithMe campaign to help him out ctyatty/mutterrushah/gohavefunwithme.com

View attachment 330121
View attachment 330122
That’s some funny stuff right there!:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
@ctyatty looks awesome, congratulations!!!
One day soon I will do a MR762 and @dms16 you can bet I will be reaching out to you for help on setting it up…. If you’re willing that is.😎😎😎
M.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts