HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MR762 is essentially the semi-auto version of the HK417 minus the adjustable regualtor in the gas block. There are certain features that make you ask why, but keep in mind that nearly every feature on the HK416 and HK417 were developed to meet a customer requirement. Unlike most domestic firearms, H&K sells their firearms worldwide. As such, there are many features that we may view as unnecessary.

While I have not shot it yet, on the surface it's a really nice gun. I'll save the rest of my comments for later discussion. In the mean time, enjoy the photos...

(click to enlarge)
IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0002.jpg IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0005.jpg IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0007.jpg IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0009.jpg IMG_0010.jpg IMG_0011.jpg IMG_0012.jpg IMG_0013.jpg IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0016.jpg IMG_0017.jpg IMG_0018.jpg IMG_0019.jpg IMG_0020.jpg IMG_0021.jpg IMG_0022.jpg IMG_0023.jpg IMG_0024.jpg

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You get out and shoot yours yet? I'm struggling to justify the coin for a U.S. Optics yet alone for an S&B. I'm leaning towars a Leupold Mark IV but honestly, I think I'll buy a Vortex or even a Millet just to get started.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Nice write up! I appreciate the time you took to provide the detailed photos and comments!

Interesting features:
Polymer/removable/replaceable case deflector
Bushings/bumpers in the upper to tighten the upper to lower fit.
All around well built.

TC

·
Registered
279 Posts
You get out and shoot yours yet? I'm struggling to justify the coin for a U.S. Optics yet alone for an S&B. I'm leaning towars a Leupold Mark IV but honestly, I think I'll buy a Vortex or even a Millet just to get started.
No, I have not had a chance to shoot mine yet but I did mount one of my Nightforce NXS Compact 2.5-10x24mm scopes on it and I think that combo may be a winner. Will know more when I actually get to sight it in.

How is your trigger? Mine breaks at about 4.5lbs which is pretty good but it does have a little more creep than I would like. Of course, I have gotten pretty spoiled running Geiselle SSA/E triggers in my precision AR weapons.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, you can feel the creep. I think a good stone job will clean it up a bit but short of a trigger job, it is what it is.

My thoughts on the case deflector...

1) The extrusions/castings were made with a deflector that was too small for adequate deflection of a 762 casing. So I'm thinking they fabricated a polymer extension rather than make a new dies for the extrusions/castings.

2) The extraction/ejection is too violent and was tearing up the deflector. Polymer is probably a bit more resilient and can take the beating. Plus if it were to get damaged, easy service item.

I asked at SHOT and no one seemed to know, so these are my thoughts.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Exactly the type of review I was looking for. Thanks!!! I've got a second interview on Tuesday. If I get the job, the MR762 looks very likely! :)

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're welcome If anyone needs any additional photos, please let me know and I'll do my best to get them added to the original post.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,740 Posts
Well done!

·
11,740 Posts
Now let's hear about those two theories...

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
11,740 Posts
Oops... Situational ADD on my part. I'm going with easily user serviceable...

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Strange. I did not see this polymer deflector on MR308.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Good write up.
Interesting observation: the bolt isn't sprung like the 556s are.
Chopstix: Are those pics straight out of the box (bag)? Did you clean the piston up at all?
Looks awfully clean, mine came dirty, like more than just a couple rounds were fired out of it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts