HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Vendor
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MR762 is essentially the semi-auto version of the HK417 minus the adjustable regualtor in the gas block. There are certain features that make you ask why, but keep in mind that nearly every feature on the HK416 and HK417 were developed to meet a customer requirement. Unlike most domestic firearms, H&K sells their firearms worldwide. As such, there are many features that we may view as unnecessary.

While I have not shot it yet, on the surface it's a really nice gun. I'll save the rest of my comments for later discussion. In the mean time, enjoy the photos...

(click to enlarge)
Bumper Shotgun
Screw Fastener Hardware accessory Metal
Revolver Cylinder
Tool
Gun Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol
Bumper Automotive exterior Table Rim Metal
Revolver Auto part Tire Rim Wheel
Product Cylinder Pipe Material property Auto part
Cylinder Airsoft
Tool Tool accessory
Auto part Muffler Automotive exhaust
Roof Airsoft
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Bumper part
Auto part
Bumper Automotive exterior
Auto part Black-and-white Animation
Metal Brass
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Starting pistol

·
Vendor
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You get out and shoot yours yet? I'm struggling to justify the coin for a U.S. Optics yet alone for an S&B. I'm leaning towars a Leupold Mark IV but honestly, I think I'll buy a Vortex or even a Millet just to get started.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nice write up! I appreciate the time you took to provide the detailed photos and comments!

Interesting features:
Polymer/removable/replaceable case deflector
Bushings/bumpers in the upper to tighten the upper to lower fit.
All around well built.

TC

·
Registered
279 Posts
You get out and shoot yours yet? I'm struggling to justify the coin for a U.S. Optics yet alone for an S&B. I'm leaning towars a Leupold Mark IV but honestly, I think I'll buy a Vortex or even a Millet just to get started.
No, I have not had a chance to shoot mine yet but I did mount one of my Nightforce NXS Compact 2.5-10x24mm scopes on it and I think that combo may be a winner. Will know more when I actually get to sight it in.

How is your trigger? Mine breaks at about 4.5lbs which is pretty good but it does have a little more creep than I would like. Of course, I have gotten pretty spoiled running Geiselle SSA/E triggers in my precision AR weapons.

·
Vendor
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, you can feel the creep. I think a good stone job will clean it up a bit but short of a trigger job, it is what it is.

My thoughts on the case deflector...

1) The extrusions/castings were made with a deflector that was too small for adequate deflection of a 762 casing. So I'm thinking they fabricated a polymer extension rather than make a new dies for the extrusions/castings.

2) The extraction/ejection is too violent and was tearing up the deflector. Polymer is probably a bit more resilient and can take the beating. Plus if it were to get damaged, easy service item.

I asked at SHOT and no one seemed to know, so these are my thoughts.

·
Vendor
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're welcome If anyone needs any additional photos, please let me know and I'll do my best to get them added to the original post.

·
Vendor
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Strange. I did not see this polymer deflector on MR308.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Good write up.
Interesting observation: the bolt isn't sprung like the 556s are.
Chopstix: Are those pics straight out of the box (bag)? Did you clean the piston up at all?
Looks awfully clean, mine came dirty, like more than just a couple rounds were fired out of it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.