HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hear from an owner(s) how you like the weapon system? Do you use it for hunting, or sport shooting? what range do you prefer shooting it at, and with what optics? can you use different calibers in the MR762 like .338 lapua, or .308 win? besides the 7.62

·
Premium Member
3,527 Posts
You can use either .308 or 7.62x51. .338 lapua is a completely different round, both in length and bullet diameter.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
The MR762 is chambered for 7.62x51 (7.62 NATO) and can also safely shoot .308 Winchester. You can not shoot a .338 Lapua round in it.

I have not shot mine yet as I am in need of optics, but it has an effective range of about 600m so I plan on using a max 10x or 12x optic and I plan to shoot it at 300 and 500 yards both unsupressed and suppressed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand the 338 is a completely different caliber, I should have asked differently, I guess your going custom if you want 338. I was just wondering was all as looking around I don't see caliber conversions.

Thanks Chopsitix looking forward to the Range report. I am in the market for a rifle now and just checking the options of MR series.

·
Premium Member
3,527 Posts
The MR762 is still pretty new, but I'd be very surprised if anyone ever makes caliber conversions for the MR762. You hardly see any for other .308 ARs, so I can't see someone spending the considerable amount of money developing one for the MR, especially as the barrel is not easily swappable.

·
Premium Member
3,893 Posts
The .338 Lapua round would not fit in the MR7.62 platform. The .338 is too long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts