HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering how many are out in the wild. Mine is 8xx, so did they start with 001 and that implies that over 800 are out? Over on GB, I've seen a 9xx. Also the date code on my upper is BC, but GB has a 5xx with a BB date code. Any ideas on the cutoff between the BB and BCs?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
The very first MR762 to roll out of the N.H. plant, from my understanding, was #300.
#299 and below are made in Germany and were test/demo guns, if I remember correctly.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
The very first MR762 to roll out of the N.H. plant, from my understanding, was #300.
#299 and below are made in Germany and were test/demo guns, if I remember correctly.
I doubt that. I just got mine from a vendor here and serial is #297 from what he says. I've also seen a number under #200 on Sturm not too long ago....#156 if I remember correctly.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I doubt that. I just got mine from a vendor here and serial is #297 from what he says. I've also seen a number under #200 on Sturm not too long ago....#156 if I remember correctly.
I was given that information directly from the N.H. plant supervisor. Perhaps I misunderstood him and it was the MR556 he was referring to. I'll send him an email for additional clarity and report back. Apologies for any potential confusion.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
I was given that information directly from the N.H. plant supervisor. Perhaps I misunderstood him and it was the MR556 he was referring to. I'll send him an email for additional clarity and report back. Apologies for any potential confusion.
My MR556 is #255 so I dunno Joe.

·
Needs Therapy
694 Posts
Mine is 311.

I just picked it up yesterday, I put my Leupold CQBSS on it, looks good.

Is the new SB 1-8 short dot out? I'll have to get one of those. The soft case this rifle comes in is nice. It looks like an Eagle case.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Ok, my appologies as I just received the correct info. The old peanut up top doesn't work like it used to. Serial#101 and higher are from the N.H. plant, MR762 and MR556. Numbers 100 and lower are prototypes and hybrids from certain stages of testing and R&D. So there we have it :)

Xfilter, 255 will mean you actually have #154 off the line. Nice!

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Ok, my appologies as I just received the correct info. The old peanut up top doesn't work like it used to. Serial#101 and higher are from the N.H. plant, MR762 and MR556. Numbers 100 and lower are prototypes and hybrids from certain stages of testing and R&D. So there we have it :)

Xfilter, 255 will mean you actually have #154 off the line. Nice!
Yeah #154...not sure what to think about that. You working in IT know as well as I do about software...early adopters are usually doomed to pay for it!!

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Yeah #154...not sure what to think about that. You working in IT know as well as I do about software...early adopters are usually doomed to pay for it!!
This is HK, not Microsoft :biggrin:

Besides, this is more like hardware, not software ;)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Probably the lower serial numbers were on the bottom / back of the stack.
Early orders got higher numbers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Seen serial # 92x with a date code of BB and purchased myself serial 106x with a date code of BC. I wonder if they broke of the date codes on serial # 999 being a BB and # 1000 being a BC?

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
My ser # is 925.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Serial number 98x, just got it last night.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seen serial # 92x with a date code of BB and purchased myself serial 106x with a date code of BC. I wonder if they broke of the date codes on serial # 999 being a BB and # 1000 being a BC?
Nope, mine is in the low 800s and has a BC upper. I'm believing they aren't actually assembled in S/N order.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts