HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to SBR my MR762. Plan to cut it down to 13" and rethread the barrel to 5/8"x24 and run it suppressed with AAC SDN-6.
Thoughts on builders IGF, ADCO?
Looking for sage advice from anyone who has undertaken this project before.....your successes and/or mistakes.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I would suggest to "just wait what HK does" with their 2017 rifles.

With a bit of "fairy luck" you can just buy one from HK directly and have a latest gen gun too (if all stars align).

We have that type of rifle in europe for about half a year now:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I am looking to SBR my MR762. Plan to cut it down to 13" and rethread the barrel to 5/8"x24 and run it suppressed with AAC SDN-6.
Thoughts on builders IGF, ADCO?
Looking for sage advice from anyone who has undertaken this project before.....your successes and/or mistakes.
@TXHK
I cut mine down to 13" with a SureFire762 - Mini suppressor on it most if not all the time.

Occasionally able to make first round hits out to 1,000M with my average shooting skills. In the hands of more skilled/experienced shooters, I am pretty sure it will be able to make 1st round 1,000M hits all day everyday.

For more details, check out the article I posted some time ago. A bit dated but still relevant. Cheers!

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk416-hk...h-angle-shooting-class-accuracy-1st-part.html

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Mine is cut down to 14" right now with a pinned and welded muzzle brake (Non NFA) setup. My gun will no longer cycle a full magazine reliably and now I have to send it back to have the gas block modified (either add interchangeable ports in the GB or weld vent hole shut in the front). It's not cycling the BCG all the way back far enough to chamber another round.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
So, you are looking for something like this State side? GGW has the hand guard in stock right now. The barrel is a 417 12" with AGB. I still need to buy the ERATAC mount for the SB PMII Short Dot 1-8 CC, its been a year now.

I can't decide wether or not to place the V2 grip on it. I really like the V2 on my 556 SBR but I have the G28 tool that fits in this grip and there is no place to store a retaining pin tool on it without the this V7 grip.

And yes, its LOUD!!! still awaiting SureFire300 SPS to clear Form 3 so we can file the Form 4 (its been 10 months now and my LGS are being A-holes about calling ATF to find out what the deal is).

Momma always said not to brag about my toys, but I was a rambunctious child and never listened:)

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Hell, I just want an MR762! seriously gentlemen, those are some very nice looking rifles...

·
Registered
104 Posts
That's almost funny, HK selling SBRs direct to the commercial sector stateside. Possibly the upper, but even that is a snow flakes chance in Texas.

Outstanding SBR projects, keep showing off fellas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts