HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just picked up my MR762. I want to run a single point sling but am having a hard time find an adaptor. If any body knows the solution let me know.

The buffer tube is not mil spec. So standard ar15 back plates will not work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does it not come with sling attachment points on the receiver end plate?
Afraid the MR series (223/556/308/762) have had a cost saving measure...well all the stock ones I have seen didn't have an attachment at the receiver. I have seen some pics of the 762 with a square attachment point...but not one in real life.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
It would seem replacing the stock receiver end plate, with a version that has sling attachment points on it, would be the way to go.

Or the Tango Down PR4 could work, that way there is no need to install a new end plate:

TangoDown

·
Registered
578 Posts
There are several clamp on options that bolt around the buffer tube. They do limit the adjustability of the stock somewhat by eliminating the shortest setting. These are often called "Agency" options, since they are installable without disassembling the receiver or replacing stock parts.

If the MR762 uses a standard AR15 end plate in the receiver like the MR556 uses, then there are tons of options available. Can anyone confirm that the receiver end plate is the same on both rifles?

IF it is the same, I prefer the Noveske, as it has a built in QD that does not get in the way or rattle when something else is installed.

Magpul also makes the ASAP which is an option with a welded on ring.

Both of these are steel, so staking the castle nut presents a bit of an issue but it can still be done.

Personally, I prefer my single point sling to attach to the buttstock, not the receiver plate. I used a drill on my buttstock on my MR556 to attach a Noveske QD attachment. This also allows for my preferred carry method of a 2 point sling in my preferred locations, with the ability to go to a single point at the receiver for when the situation or my gear calls for it.

I use an Ares Armory Husky sling with a QD triglide for conversion to single point when needed.

-W

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
The two reasons I went with the I Kick Hippies over the Magpul ASAP are the fact that the ring on the ASAP makes noise if it is not pulled taught and getting the little tiny key stock into the key way on the bottom of the buffer tube is a real P.I.T.A. Also, if your castle nut happens to back off the plate because you don't get it staked correctly, that key stock can fall out and get lost.......okay, make that three reasons.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Post some pics of the receiver end plate next to an AR receiver end plate for us.

Worst case, drill a hole in the receiver end plate and install that Noveske QD socket I posted up above. Be creative, if you want to run your sling in monkeybangsgroin configuration, you gotta help yourself out a bit.

-W

1 - 16 of 16 Posts