HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a suppressor on your 762? If so, what is your experience? Not to much information out there on the MR762 and suppression. I would love to hear some military/LEO chime in with some in the field info. Also, are the threads LH or RH? Tried removing the flash supp. till I was red faced. Bent 2 tools in the process. Even heated it with a torch! No go.

Looking at a Shark can here locally to put on my gun. Anyone have experience with Shark brand cans?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since posting I have found a couple of decent write-ups on suppressing the MR762 but all were in countries other than the U.S. using cans not available here(or at least locally). Also talked to the team leader that is over the 762 build in GA. I was told that it is not tested suppressed but "should" function but any warranty issues would fall back to the suppressor mft and not HK. I understand the 417 has a gas regulator, can one be installed on the 762?

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Surefire makes a K version of their 7.62 suppressor that will work with the MR762. They have a flash suppressor for it marked MR762. I have one of the flash suppressors but do not have pics of it. There are pictures here on the forum of them.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't realize that. Bud's carries Surefire. The next time I go I will get Paul to show me the one your talking about(if in stock). The bottom line of my questioning is: can anyone give me some first hand experience information so I can make an intelligent decision on my next can? I want the MR762 to be the primary host but want to use on different platforms. If the HK doesn't function reliably then I will make my decision based on another weapon as the primary.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

I went with the AAC TiTan-QD and having Mark @ TROS make the adapter to fit the AAC brake as AAC doesn't manufacture a brake compatible with the Titan and the thread pitch of the MR762. I am hoping the extra volume in the can will help any issues that could arise with the MR762 not having a adjustable gas system as the 417. Will post a range/function report ASAP.

(BTW Called AAC to ask questions and the guy hung up on me or we were inadvertently disconnected on the first call. I called right back and the same guy was very short and not very helpful. I have 3 of their products but I don't think I. Will buy any more. I have had nothing but bad experiences with their customer service. It seems that warrants negative comments I have read about ACC?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts