1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,196 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
you can swap the C-handle latch yourself, provided you can find a vendor for the MR762 extended/tac latch. I suppose you could re-use the roll pin, but I'd suggest a new one. I'm of the opinion roll pins are a 1-time use item. At any rate, I did the same thing with my 416 latch.

I'm pretty sure you can stake your new receiver extension sans the HK staking tool. It is ridiculously expensive, and I don't know that I've ever seen it in stock anywhere?

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you can swap the C-handle latch yourself, provided you can find a vendor for the MR762 extended/tac latch. I suppose you could re-use the roll pin, but I'd suggest a new one. I'm of the opinion roll pins are a 1-time use item. At any rate, I did the same thing with my 416 latch.

I'm pretty sure you can stake your new receiver extension sans the HK staking tool. It is ridiculously expensive, and I don't know that I've ever seen it in stock anywhere?
Thanks for the reminder on the roll pin. I just added that, and re. the staking, good to know. HKParts has all the parts I need.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Despite wanting the same, I couldn't stomach the cost of just the latch and certainly not the entire charging handle. On my range day next weekend, I plan on just taking the CH from my MR308A3 which came with a larger latch and putting it on my MR308. With an ARMS BUIS and Eotech on the rail, there is not a lot of room to grab the OEM tiny latch. If you find a well priced latch, post it here too.

Several guys on here have used other hardened steel objects to stake their lowers. Somebody is pretty proud of their HK products to ask what they are for the HK staking tool.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Despite wanting the same, I couldn't stomach the cost of just the latch and certainly not the entire charging handle. On my range day next weekend, I plan on just taking the CH from my MR308A3 which came with a larger latch and putting it on my MR308. With an ARMS BUIS and Eotech on the rail, there is not a lot of room to grab the OEM tiny latch. If you find a well priced latch, post it here too.

Several guys on here have used other hardened steel objects to stake their lowers. Somebody is pretty proud of their HK products to ask what they are for the HK staking tool.
Understood, but I think the extended latch will come in handy for the kind of shooting I'm going to be doing with my MR762. The only latches available to me, here in the USA, are the ones sold by HKParts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts