HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What backplate will work for MR762A1 ambidextrous sling mount? I emailed HK and they stated they do not have one for the 762.

thanks

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Been wondering the same. I haven't had time but I as going to check POF and DPMS.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Joe, is the tube diameter mil spec or commercial? I am deployed and have not picked mine up yet. I build AR's and there are other options if the plate will not attack between the castle nut and lower. There are very nice attachments made that attach to the buffer tube.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Frogman, I think it's larger than commercial. I haven't measured yet but it looks big. Since DPMS somewhat set the standard for many 7.62 AR-type guns, I'm hoping something they have fits.

Jippo, nice looking rig! Thanks for the photo. Where did you get the backplate? You should post photos in the "Club 762" thread.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The backplate came standard on my 20 inch 2011 manufactured MR308. I could post photos in the mentioned thread IF I only could post photos! I don't know what is the problem but I am not able to do that.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
The backplate came standard on my 20 inch 2011 manufactured MR308. I could post photos in the mentioned thread IF I only could post photos! I don't know what is the problem but I am not able to do that.
Ahhhh, so it there's an option availble from HK. We only get the 16.5" MR762 and it does not have one. If you have time, can you check your operator's manual and see if there is a part number listed for that and PM it to me?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
63 Posts
Manual shows unfortunately the older (similar to US model) parts only. Backplate doesn't have it's own part no. Closest there is: part 64 Gehäuseunterteil (Lower receiver) #235956. It seems it is sold assembled with a buffer tube as castle nut and backplate are not listed.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I think the tube is proprietary? I don't recall where I read/heard that?

Get a vickers sling & attach it to the rear of the stock?

·
Registered
3,464 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
HK sling attachment for HK417:

Heckler & Koch :: Detail
Thanks for the link. I'm hoping there becomes more of the backplate option available. I keep forgetting to measure the OD of the extension to see if it follows the DPMS size. If so, it could be promising.

·
Minister of Kraut Space Magic
319 Posts
HK customer service emailed me with: Any standard mil spec back plate will work.
^^^this is true for the MR556. NOT the MR762. The backplate with ambidextrous sling attachments is part# 227383...same as 417. Much larger than mil spec or commercial buffer tube for M4, AR-15, etc. We should have some in stock in the next few days. No price available yet.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts