HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
MSG90 Maintenance Instructions
Page 32, Item #8.
Description: Cleaning rod (pull-through)
Ident. No: 327894
Remarks: “Delivery with each weapon”

The remark in the final column makes me think each MSG90 did generally ship with one.

For filling out the case, if it fits, I think the sling is likely the best purpose for that cutout. The cleaning rod has a mind of its own. Unless coiled and put away safely it can get bent and take memory easily. A lot of them that were stored in PSG1 cases have bends. Even if the MSG90 likely came with one, it’s not an accessory I’d chase down unless you’re going for completeness.
Just found my manual, good call sir!
I think I am going for completeness at this point.
I won't use most of the accessories for routine tasks, there are obviously better modern choices. I'd like to keep the accessories mint. As they are hard to find.

So, anybody have one of these rods? In very good or better condition?

20200506_163656_1588798011868.jpg 20200506_163624_1588798025153.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Page 32, Item #8.

The remark in the final column makes me think each MSG90 did generally ship with one.

For filling out the case, if it fits, I think the sling is likely the best purpose for that cutout. The cleaning rod has a mind of its own. Unless coiled and put away safely it can get bent and take memory easily. A lot of them that were stored in PSG1 cases have bends. Even if the MSG90 likely came with one, it’s not an accessory I’d chase down unless you’re going for completeness.
=====================================================================================

Perhaps the MSG90 case is like the wood case I had for the G3SG1. At the top of the bottom half of the case there were places where the plastic
cleaning rod could be attached length wise and it would therefore not be necessary to coil it up. Will see if I can find a pic. If I do I will post it.

Found one with the rod in place but looked at the pic of the MSG90 case and it would appear that such is not the case unless its below the foam
on the side of the case.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Page 32, Item #8.

=====================================================================================

Perhaps the MSG90 case is like the wood case I had for the G3SG1. At the top of the bottom half of the case there were places where the plastic
cleaning rod could be attached length wise and it would therefore not be necessary to coil it up. Will see if I can find a pic. If I do I will post it.
Thanks, I've seen the G3SG1 cases, the MSG case I have does not have that slot.
I am going to roll the dice on one of the Numrich G3 ones HKPhil linked above, that one looks pretty beat, so will see what condition I get, or if it's even long enough, since the G3 has a much shorter barrel than the MSG/PSG. But for $10 why not? If I'm not satisfied it can go in my parts bin.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
I have a spare one and just measured it and it is 40" long. Which is long enough for the G3/91 but did not want to dig the MSG90 out of its
home in the safe to check but the barrel is longer. In fact, I was just going to look up how long it is when I saw your post.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have a spare one and just measured it and it is 40" long. Which is long enough for the G3/91 but did not want to dig the MSG90 out of its
home in the safe to check but the barrel is longer. In fact, I was just going to look up how long it is when I saw your post.
Hi Chuck,
40" is more than long enough for the MSG90, the whole rifle is about 45" long.
I haven't placed my Numrich order, so if you are willing to part with it. I am interested.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Very cool. So how do you like the case? I think I know the auction of which you speak and it tempted me for a long time but other things got my money. I am jealous big time. Might be time to start obsessing HKs again...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts