HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I just wanted to get some input on the MSG90 and Magpul PRS HK stocks.

I have a project SR9 that I want to install it on (along with the required 922r parts).

I have handled the MSG90 stock, but I can't use Iron Sites, but i have not handled the Magpul PRS HK stock.

Any input is appreciated.

Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the Magpul PRS on my PTR 91 and it's nice. My only gripe would be that it can't take the bigger buffers.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Javier, I'd take you up on that service if you offered it.

To the OC, I have the magpul stock on my rifle and I am quite content with it. Unlike yourself, I have not ever seen a MSG90 stock, so I have no reference for comparison. To me the ease of adjustability and lower price tag were determining factors in favor of the Magpul offering.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I picked up a Magpul stock from Adam in SLC a last week. I really like it and it's on my PTR-91 as well. I'd also like to consider you if you offer a buffer mod to the stock.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I were to install a original German MSG90 stock on a SR9 (replacing the thumbhole stock), would I need to make the rifle 922r compliant?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Javier

I have a couple of the PRS's from Adam as well. I also have a couple of the HK MSG90 (I think) stocks that have the same heavy style buffer as shown in your pictures. What was involved in the modification of the Magpul to accept the heavey buffer. I'm thinking I would like to take the parts off the MSG style HK stocks and put them on the Magpul units. I have yet to even take the new Magpuls out of the bag and look at the conversion because I had figured on getting some 91 stock parts to do this. I had heard the heavy buffer would not work in the Magpul. The MSG stocks I have have been on the shelf for years so I might as well use the parts for the conversion.

I have a 91 in to Ralph at RDTS for G3K conversion. I sent a 21E stock in with the weapon for Ralph to fit into the conversion process, recoil sping assembly, etc. One of the Magpuls I have will go on this conversion, and the other on my SR9T--which is where one of the MSG stocks came from.

Thanks, any information appreciated.

Kattman from Michigan

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Javier

I have a couple of the PRS's from Adam as well. I also have a couple of the HK MSG90 (I think) stocks that have the same heavy style buffer as shown in your pictures. What was involved in the modification of the Magpul to accept the heavey buffer. I'm thinking I would like to take the parts off the MSG style HK stocks and put them on the Magpul units. I have yet to even take the new Magpuls out of the bag and look at the conversion because I had figured on getting some 91 stock parts to do this. I had heard the heavy buffer would not work in the Magpul. The MSG stocks I have have been on the shelf for years so I might as well use the parts for the conversion.

I have a 91 in to Ralph at RDTS for G3K conversion. I sent a 21E stock in with the weapon for Ralph to fit into the conversion process, recoil sping assembly, etc. One of the Magpuls I have will go on this conversion, and the other on my SR9T--which is where one of the MSG stocks came from.

Thanks, any information appreciated.

Kattman from Michigan
Read the following and then you can PM me if you have any other questions.

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69372

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Javier, I'd take you up on that service if you offered it.

To the OC, I have the magpul stock on my rifle and I am quite content with it. Unlike yourself, I have not ever seen a MSG90 stock, so I have no reference for comparison. To me the ease of adjustability and lower price tag were determining factors in favor of the Magpul offering.
I will let you know. It will be really inexpensive and not take long. Just some good aviation epoxy and some drilling.

Thanks.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Javier, I'd like to also add my name to the list for the mod. BTW, where did you get the backplate for the stock? It looks to be in pristine condition, much better than what came on my PTR.

Thanks,

BD

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Javier, I'd like to also add my name to the list for the mod. BTW, where did you get the backplate for the stock? It looks to be in pristine condition, much better than what came on my PTR.

Thanks,

BD
I bought it from Adam Weber HKPARTS.NET

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Thanks. I had already order one from RTG, hoping that the quality is as good as yours.

BD
Make sure the one you ordered from RTG has the larger buffer hole. You might have ordered the standard one with the smaller buffer hole which you will have to enlarge so the bigger buffer will fit. Sorry I forgot to mention that detail.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Make sure the one you ordered from RTG has the larger buffer hole. You might have ordered the standard one with the smaller buffer hole which you will have to enlarge so the bigger buffer will fit. Sorry I forgot to mention that detail.
I thought that Magpul was offering the stock already modified to accept the MSG90 buffer, but I have been unable to find one. Hell, I can't even get Magpul to answer the phone or e-mails, so I'll be ordering one from Adam Webber. Now I plan on using the Magpul with the standard buffer until I can get it modified. I don't want to hack it up.

BD

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
I thought that Magpul was offering the stock already modified to accept the MSG90 buffer, but I have been unable to find one. Hell, I can get even get Magpul to answer the phone or e-mails, so I'll be ordering one from Adam Webber. Now I plan on using the Magpul with the standard buffer until I can get it modified. I don't want to hack it up.

BD
Got it! Yes Magpul only makes their PRS stock for the regular G3 buffer. They did make a handfull of PRS stocks, according to a Magpul engineer that I spoke to, to accept the heavy buffer. I guess they are rare. The engineer told me that Magpul for now has no intensions on making the PRS stock that accepts the heavy buffer. When you are ready to modify the PRS stock to accept the heavy buffer you will also need a back plate that has the bigger diameter buffer hole or I guess it can be enlarged to the right diameter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts