HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SR9T that has the MSG90 stock that it came with. I have been a little dissapointed when shooting the stock extended as the recoil of the rifle compresses the stock with every shot. I am guessing that this is not the way it is supposed to be. What am I doing wrong?

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
I have a SR9T that has the MSG90 stock that it came with. I have been a little dissapointed when shooting the stock extended as the recoil of the rifle compresses the stock with every shot. I am guessing that this is not the way it is supposed to be. What am I doing wrong?
How tight is the allen screw?

Mine doesn't move at all.

·
Registered
893 Posts
There is a clone mfg'd MSG90 stock, that doesn't come with the bigger buffer, whereas the HK one has a bigger buffer. Not passing any judgement here, but you might look to see who made the stock and what buffer it has.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Vorsicht! if it is a factory MSG90 stock the adjustment is METRIC and uses a 6mm allen. do not use english/standard as this will bugger up the bolt head!

once tight the stock should be solid :)

also if you look at the buffer it should be the two stage ~ half sleeve over metal rod.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK I went back and took some pics-I am still 99% sure that the stock is real-and I did find the embarrasing reason that the stock extension was collapsing-It was because the last time I shot the rifle I had taken out the cheek rest to get better aligned with the sights and the check rest is neccesary for both pieces to function correctly-and last but not least I use an "official" HK tool(came with my SL8) to tighten and loosen it - and now with all parts in place it seems to be plenty firm!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts