HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My latest build project has come to completion with last missing part arriving in midst of snowstorm.

Components:
PTR Receiver
US PSG1 trunion and LW Melonited MSG90A1 barrel (lightweight and Lothar Walther)
Surefire HK417 Flash Hider / Suppressor Adapter for FA762K suppressor
US Made Forward Assist and Housing
US Made MSG90A1 Rails
HK Furniture and MSG90A1 trigger group
HK MSG90 Scope mount
Hensoldt ZF84 MSG90 Stanag 10x optic

Thanks again to good friend and builder for another one done, just a few more to hold down the safe to go…

Range report shortly on this and the PSG1-K http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hkpro-members-gallery/153520-psg1-k-sd-build-done.html

Pics

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Sweet Rifle!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Very nice! How does the builder get rid of the pre-stamped mounting lugs on the PTR receiver? Are the original lugs for the claw mount milled off and then welded-up?

Best,

TC

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Super secret squirrel special sauce and an extraordinary amount of time and effort

Good spot many don't realize they have been removed on all the builds with the 21/MSG mounts. Which is one thing that more builders should do on their high end builds but that is just my opinion

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Super secret squirrel special sauce and an extraordinary amount of time and effort

Good spot many don't realize they have been removed on all the builds with the 21/MSG mounts. Which is one thing that more builders should do on their high end builds but that is just my opinion
Thanks! It makes it look super clean.

Best,

TC

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Just spoke to Surefire, AKA secret squirrel, lol. They have these flash suppressors in stock for 129.00. Very nice flash suppressor just wished it worked with my current surefire suppressor.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I was fortunate enough to be in MOAxp's home state for a work related venture and he was kind enough to invite me shooting with his new toy's. here are a few pics of the outing one of them is of his new PSG-1 K with a surefire suppressor attached, let me just say DAMN!!! that thing was quiet!!! its not often that you can take your ear plugs out and fire a 7.62 with out any discomfort. all of the HK's brought along were exceptional in fit and finish, he found himself a damn good builder.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
What kind of groups did you guys get and what ammo did you test with the new rifle?

I was fortunate enough to be in MOAxp's home state for a work related venture and he was kind enough to invite me shooting with his new toy's. here are a few pics of the outing one of them is of his new PSG-1 K with a surefire suppressor attached, let me just say DAMN!!! that thing was quiet!!! its not often that you can take your ear plugs out and fire a 7.62 with out any discomfort. all of the HK's brought along were exceptional in fit and finish, he found himself a damn good builder.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IMI 168gr Match

PSG1 was only shot with SF 762K can on, accuracy was sub 1moa. Weather permitting it will be range day again over the weekend and will push accuracy test again. Both the MSG and the PSG1-K shot and tracked very well.

Paul123 - my youngest will ask... why no love for the SBR HK416/556... he wants to run the piss out of it again. Oh hell, that is right he hardly let anyone else shoot it.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
IMI 168gr Match

PSG1 was only shot with SF 762K can on, accuracy was sub 1moa. Weather permitting it will be range day again over the weekend and will push accuracy test again. Both the MSG and the PSG1-K shot and tracked very well.

Paul123 - my youngest will ask... why no love for the SBR HK416/556... he wants to run the piss out of it again. Oh hell, that is right he hardly let anyone else shoot it.
I'll oblige :) it was awesome to see your boy have so much fun with the 416, added a pic of the E also :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts