HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to the range yesterday with my USPc 9mm for the second time and had at least 4-5 stovepipe jams and 2-3 failures to lock the slide back.

the stovepipes happened with the $10 10round cdnn magazines. the jams didnt happen consistently but enough to cause me a little bit of concern. this was the first time i had used the new mags.....

the failure to lock the slide back after the last round occurred with the factory 13rd magazines at least twice.

what gives? are both of these mag springs problems?

btw, i was using WWB ammo from walmart.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hmm, strange to hear with Winchester White Box Ammo. What is the date code of your USPc 9mm? Did you get it new? If so, did you clean it first before going to the range the first time around? Did you clean the gun after your first session at the range?

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Sounds like a cheap mag!

Friend gave me an aftermarket and that was the only mag that failed. Happened during a qualification but I quickly recovered!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a cheap mag!

Friend gave me an aftermarket and that was the only mag that failed. !

thats what i was thinking bc the problem was specific to the magazine.

Do these aftermarket springs really make a difference?

but what about the failure to lock the slide back?
can this happen bc of weak springs too?

·
Registered
329 Posts
A week spring will fail to push the slide lock up so most likely it's a mag spring issue, or the mag body tolerances are so low the follower is causing too much friction and isn't functioning properly.

·
Registered
864 Posts
i gotta say...ive had no good luck with just about every after market hk mag....every once in awhile one works, but same comp and mag type wont...if you want consistency,get factory

·
Registered
6 Posts
The 10 round factory mags in my USP 45 never lock the slide back. After one loading the springs compress and don't retain enough pressure on the follower. You an pull them out and stretch them a little, but they will just compress again once you load the mag. Everyone recommends buying replacement Wolf Springs.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I really don't understand why it is so hard for these companies to produce a mag to specs.
Less interest in performance and more interest in profit.

That requires cheap materials

·
Registered
68 Posts
Are the mags from CDNN not factory HK? I thought their website says they are. I was thinking of getting a few 10rds mags from them for my USP 45.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Are the mags from CDNN not factory HK? I thought their website says they are. I was thinking of getting a few 10rds mags from them for my USP 45.
All mags from CDNN are factory HK unless stated so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts