Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's,
Anyone here know how to get a hold of Murray. I want my gun back. Best Regards, Keith

·
Registered
209 Posts
This is from a very old post so I'm not sure if it is current:

Murray Urbach
Urbach Precision Manufacturing Co.
1529 Axe Drive
Garland, TX. 75041
Tel: (972) 864-0848
Fax: (972) 864-0571

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
This is from a very old post so I'm not sure if it is current:

Murray Urbach
Urbach Precision Manufacturing Co.
1529 Axe Drive
Garland, TX. 75041
Tel: (972) 864-0848
Fax: (972) 864-0571
That's current. At least the adddress is. I've seen him answer the phone when I've been there, so I'm not sure if the phone numbers are good or not.

He's had a G3K gun of mine since last April. I'm starting to get rather impatient. I should have all my own equipment by this coming April and I'll probably go over and get it and do it myself. Every time I've stopped by (which hasn't been since last August) he said "just 2 or 3 more weeks". He was always busy with Gordon Miller's stuff. I've heard that GM is fed up with him as well, so maybe he'll have time to get to mine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Murray, Uhhhhhhhhhhhh!

AviatorDave,
When I mentioned I wanted my gun back in my post. Gordon & I have been e-mailing each other(yesterday), he's also having problem's with Murray. Murray did a excellent job on my PSG-1 conversion and I couldn't be happier. But he's had my MSG90A1 project 7 years, I shipped him the gun & accesories Nov 2001. "PLEASE", spare me the, I'm a dumass remarks for not getting it back sooner. The last time I talked to Murray he was finishing it up. Then I couldn't get a hold of him. Then Gordon tried. Murray told Gordon he would to try to have it to me 12/31/06. Still no gun, no response. E-mailed Gordon yesterday and he told me of his problems with Murray. I never in my life thought I would have to go the route of lawers or the ATF. Gordon has been very helpfull even though this is not his problem and maybe even gone out of his way for me to fix this problem. But, there is a time when all good things must come to an end. "I'd go by and get my gun back Dave!". If your in the hood, could you please pick up mine?. I'll drive to Texas or catch the airline. Best Regards, Keith-N-Waycross, GA

·
Registered
390 Posts
Send a certified (signature needed , with reciept)letter saying you want your gun back within 30 days & if it does not work contact ATF with a copy of the letter and return reciept.

·
Registered
244 Posts
7 years?!...That is absolutley mind numbing, and I don't even own the weapon in question. When did customer service become the customers job?

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
There are HK smiths who have a bad reputation for claiming short turn-around times of a few weeks, but actually taking over a year...sometimes two, BUT, I think we have a winner! How about a new thread..."how long did your HK build take and who was the HK smith?" I don't know if anyone can match 7 years...and counting?

·
Registered
390 Posts
There are HK smiths who have a bad reputation for claiming short turn-around times of a few weeks, but actually taking over a year...sometimes two, BUT, I think we have a winner! How about a new thread..."how long did your HK build take and who was the HK smith?" I don't know if anyone can match 7 years...and counting?

Sounds like it would be a fun thread as long as it was not deleted.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Murray

Thank's guys for the support. I've given Murray, thirty days to return my gun and all accessories. Now it's just the wait and see part. After looking around on different boards it seems other smith's are having trouble getting in touch with Murray. Best Regards, Keith

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,291 Posts
MSG90A1 Build > Murry Urbach <

7 years is way tooooooooooo long...

Even if parts and items are very scarce...

I waited 3 years for Murry to complete my MP5K MP5 model weapon system...

I do own 4 of Murray's great HK guns... They are a work of HK ART...

I also own a few of Terry Dyer's master-pieces...

How-ever 7 years for a weapon build is way off the chart in my book...

MSG90A1 build I can see going a full 2 years if parts and items are hard to get... How-ever in this case 7 years... Naaaaaa... "NUTS"

Aghhhhhhhhhhhh...

Advil anyone...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MSG90A1

Hi Ryan,
I wished I could say it was a parts hold up. The sad part is I sent him everything(parts). All I wanted was his barrel/forward assist/& scope tabs installed. He delivered my PSG1 in 2 years, and I was expecting the same with this build. But boy was I wrong. Take Care. Keith

·
Registered
7 Posts
3 years is average For Murray

Murray does great work that is his only saving grace. I had him do a couple of Class 3 guns for me back in the day. By the time I got them back they had tripled in price. Would never go through his headaches again. Finally got serviced by faxing him once or twice a day with faxes asking where my gun was. Just not worth the hassle, Terry Dyer takes a while himself but at least his time est. are good. I will let others deal with Murray , but I will just pass from now on.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I remember a discussion about the difference in price between buying an already made sear gun and buying a host and sear and having it converted. As I recall the price difference was $1500 or $2000. This is what you're paying for, you get the gun right away. IMO it would be worth it.

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Keith - I live in Frisco,TX. It's a suburb of Dallas. Garland is about 35-40miles away. I'd be happy to help in any way possible.

Regards.

r.

(214) 228-3462

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Murray

51fan,
Great to have talked to another Hkpro'er going out of his way to help another. Thanks, Keith

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
No worries. I'll swing by after my meeting tomorrow and let you know how it shakes out. Hopefully I'll be giving you an UPS tracking number.

Regards,

r.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.