HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any experience with brakes on these? tried a smith enterprises without much change but had a hard time keeping it tight, if I use it again gotta put blue loctite on it and try again. any other styles or types fit the HK threads?

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
These brakes came on G3SG1 sniper rifles that where installed an used by a local SWAT team. They must have been effective due to one of those rifles having achieved a head shot at a long distance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's a Smith Enterprises brake. I don't think that it would contribute to long range accuracy. Muzzle brakes aren't generally known for that feature.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the one I have

the brake looks good installed if you don't mind 1/2" of the grooves showing behind the threads. the other quoted "smith ent" is nice as it has a place to put a wrench on it to tighten it, and it covers the grooves

·
Registered
732 Posts
Here are a couple of shots of mine.

It is made by JP Rifles dot com. If it interests you, call them and ask to speak to Dave Cammack. He can hook you up. They also sell the JP tank brake which you can check out at their site.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NICE

Stubby, that looks great, I assume thats a factory config. barrel? appears to fit nicely snuged to the rear.

·
Registered
651 Posts
eric10mm,
Does that give alot of powder blowback, I'm looking for a good brake to put on a AOW V51 pistol, and the shape of that one looks like it might catch my forearm with muzzle exhaust.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Curiosity killed the cat but why would you even want a muzzle brake on a battle rifle if your state doesn't demand it?

·
Registered
651 Posts
Curiosity killed the cat but why would you even want a muzzle brake on a battle rifle if your state doesn't demand it?
reduce muzzle climb and therefore allow for quicker accurate followup shots.

·
Registered
99 Posts
We just installed our KA-1830 brake on a HK-91 target barrel awhile back, I'm interested to see how it does on the rifle. Waiting on pics and a report from the owner about that. We haven't found any difference in accuracy, but then again, our brake is lighter than a similar length of barrel or most other brakes so its effect on harmonics is negligible. The brake tames a lot of bolt rifles, I'm betting that it will make the HK91 a complete pussycat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
target bbl.

We just installed our KA-1830 brake on a HK-91 target barrel awhile back, I'm interested to see how it does on the rifle. Waiting on pics and a report from the owner about that. We haven't found any difference in accuracy, but then again, our brake is lighter than a similar length of barrel or most other brakes so its effect on harmonics is negligible. The brake tames a lot of bolt rifles, I'm betting that it will make the HK91 a complete pussycat.

kingjoey i would like to know where you got the target bbl. n brake from i would like to get one thanx joeb

·
Registered
99 Posts
kingjoey i would like to know where you got the target bbl. n brake from i would like to get one thanx joeb
The customer supplied the barrel (very hard to find apparently), our company builds the brakes. If we had the specs for the barrel we could build one. On this particular gun, we machined the triple-frame to accept the larger diameter barrel, built and installed the brake, then indexed and cross-pinned the sight. The owner is a member on this board, he'll probably have lots of pics and details once its finished.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Kingjoey

How long is that bbl. ?? where do you work at? you said your company can make me a bbl. pm or email me some info please thanx joe

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
That's a Smith Enterprises brake. I don't think that it would contribute to long range accuracy. Muzzle brakes aren't generally known for that feature.
You live in Phoenix, why not go down the road and visit the Tempe SWAT team armorer and tell him your above stated opinion. He might just correct you based on his many years of experience. They had six G3 SG/1 and all but one was equiped with that device. I do not think they did that for looks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts