HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a P30L for several months now and have been to the range quite a few times. I have been getting steadily more accurate although I am not fast. I am trying to focus on fundamentals and accuracy. Speed will come later. Recently I got a USPc (both are 9mm and both are DA/SA) because I really liked the trigger and have read such good things about the USP and USPc. I have only been to the range a couple of times and have alternated back and forth between the 2 guns. I find that I really like the USPc but my accuracy is way worse. It's recoil is not as smooth as the P30L so I may be pushing it (I am typically low). I think that I like the challange of getting better with the USPc and am trying to figure out how to improve. Unfortunately, the more I shoot the USPc, the less accurate I am getting with the P30L. I think this is due to lack of concentration after shooting for awhile. I may just go spend a day shooting only the P30L to get back the feel. It would help if ammo prices would come down so I can really spend some time at the range. It does seem like I have to alter my grip on the USPc to be more accurate. Is it normal to have slightly different grips for different guns?

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Is it normal to have slightly different grips for different guns?
Absolutely. That is why those who buy several guns from varying manufactures suck equally on all of those various platforms. They never take the time to master a single trigger, grip, stance, and controls. You are fortunate, you've identified the issue early on. Transitioning from a P30L to USPc DA/SA should be a non-issue once the mechanics are ironed out. I would pick a single pistol and stick with it for six months.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, however that brings up a difficult decision. Which to focus on. So far I love both guns. Decisions, decisions! It's just a good thing I can't afford the HK45c right now because I have been coveting that gun for awhile. By the way, since I went to Georgia Tech I naturally like anyone with gt in their name (even if it stands for something else).

·
Registered
437 Posts
Which one will you be reaching for if someone breaks in your bedroom window at 3 am? That is the one to devote your attention to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts