HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Although they are not completely finished yet, I wanted to share my attempt at making a holster for my P30 using some Kydex i'm trying a couple different versions. I got some pretty good definition what do ya'll think, the kydex can be a bit finiky but once you get the temperature correct it's pretty easy to work with. Any feedback that would help me create a better holster would be appreciated. Hope the link below works.

·
Banned
232 Posts

How did you pull that off? < Forming of the Kydex...
That looks professionally done, kuddo's.
My only thing I would try to do (if I were you), is to try to line it with something like thin suede, moleskin, ect...
Could you make the holster, not as wide?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for both, posting the pictures and your feedback much appreciated. The trick with the kydex is to heat it up slowly and get it to be between 330 - 350 degrees then you can achieve nice definition, trial and error for me. I think your right about how wide they are. I still need to bend each side back. But even if I shorten the sides up there will still be plenty of room for the belt loops so I'm going to do that. I'm glad I didn't roll the rivets yet! Again Appreciate the feedback..............Thank you

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
You need to cover the trigger guard. They're unsafe in their current format....foreign objects should not have the opportunity to find its way into the trigger guard.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You need to cover the trigger guard. They're unsafe in their current format....foreign objects should not have the opportunity to find its way into the trigger guard.
Good observation, I looked right past that!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback very much appreciated. I just wanted to say that the pistol isn't seated all the way into the holster my bad, didn't realize it when I was taking pictures. I'm trying to post two pictures with the pistol seated all the way to see what ya'll think! Is that suffient enough? I appreciate everybodys thoughts. I'm still going to shorten up the sides.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Thanks for the feedback very much appreciated. I just wanted to say that the pistol isn't seated all the way into the holster my bad, didn't realize it when I was taking pictures. I'm trying to post two pictures with the pistol seated all the way to see what ya'll think! Is that suffient enough? I appreciate everybodys thoughts. I'm still going to shorten up the sides.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/crime_inc/100_3046.jpg

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/crime_inc/100_3047.jpg
Yup.

If I had a choice between those two, I'd go with the first one's style of trigger guard coverage.

·
Registered
113 Posts
not bad man, like they said cover trigger guard all the way though, what thickness are you using, I relaly like the .06 for definition. also, are you heating your press and the gun up with a heat gun before you mold? if you do it helps with the definition because it doesnt suck the heat out as fast. due to some family issues i havent been able to do much work with mine. i even forgot to send a certain member here a mag holder i made him and i feel like the biggest pos in the world right now, im just getting caught up. I can give you some advice or answer questions if you have any, shoot me a pm. heres one i made for my g30, still needs belt loops. I wish i would have covered the mag release, but since it was for my i was using scrap kydex and this was the size i had I still need to clean the edges up a bit though.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks I'm liking the .06 as well but going to try out the .08 just to see the difference in the retention and how stiff the .08 will be compared to the .06. The 06 has a bit more flex which in turn will not be as harsh on the pistola as the 08 would be but it all comes down to what people might like. Looks good my friend...........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts