HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is that possible? My bolt gap has been sitting at .013. .33mm for you folks across the pond. I measured it today after thorough cleaning following the 700 rounds I put through it full auto at ghillie's a couple weeks ago and it now measures .014 or .356mm. Not much but the gap did increase. How? I'm sure I measured it right the first time. Is this possible?

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Did you clean the rollers thoroughly? Any debris in there could cause this. Also, clean the reunion where the rollers engage it. Any buildup there could impact it too.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you clean the rollers thoroughly? Any debris in there could cause this. Also, clean the reunion where the rollers engage it. Any buildup there could impact it too.
I did retro I swear. I always take a q-tip to the inside of the bolt head after letting it soak in clp. I do the same with the receiver except I use a bottle brush.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha!!! Funny Jeff. Maybe I did just read it wrong but I swear I did it the way I was told to here. HK slap, pull trigger, measure between carrier and bolt head.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
- You are measuring different (force, changing feeler guage etc.)
- Your measurements are really plus or minus (say one gauge)
- Dirt, oil etc.
- Just to be evil, will bring up maybe you pine / trunnion shifted / cracked and you are the start of failure (don't think so but like I said, just to be evil).

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well maybe just a trip to Ghillies to shoot will raise boltgap. There's a sales pitch.
I like this answer! And J, that ain't even funny. We don't talk like that around these here parts. I'm gonna need you to refrain from using the c word when referring to my trunion from now on! Unless I buy a PTR.....

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Well maybe just a trip to Ghillies to shoot will raise boltgap. There's a sales pitch.
I think with all the C93's going though his shop he must have a bucket of bolt gap increaser there. I suspect some might have gotten spilled on your gun. I'd watch out for bulges in the stock. =)

Now, how much of an increase are we talking about... 001? I'd say its a measuring difference. 006? then there is something else going on.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol J. It's just .001". It may be a measuring difference. But I'm just gonna say it was the magic of ghillie's shop! He did replace the sling clip for me while I was there. Jeff, did you try to put even more awesome in it while it was there?

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Lol J. It's just .001". It may be a measuring difference. But I'm just gonna say it was the magic of ghillie's shop! He did replace the sling clip for me while I was there. Jeff, did you try to put even more awesome in it while it was there?
I am for sure it was Ghillie's replacing the sling clip! Thus replacing a dozen sling clips, should be the same effect as plus four rollers '-)

Myself can't get the same measurement twice with in a tho due to the difference in not contact and the slight touch that I was trained to go for.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Spooky dust scout? Wth is spooky dust! Lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts